Skip to content

Rupert The Dye Merchant

VadászVadász Member Posts: 2
For those that don't know Rupert is a small mod that allows you to set the colors for your character by using a merchant that sells dyes that you can apply to metal, leather and clothing. This work like potions and their only limitation is that it will also dye all your future stuff until you apply another dye.

It also has some outfits that allows to change the appearance of your characters to either fighter, cleric, thief or mage, and while I know you can easily do that with a script or the keeper, it's always nice to have ingame, immersive ways to achieve this.

The problem was that it was never updated for BGEE so I went and decided to learn WeiDU and fix it, and so far it seems working fine for both BGEE and BG2EE (TBH, It already worked fine with BG2EE without updating, but hey at least i didn't break anything). I think I managed to make him work for EET too, I'd be glad if someone could confirm since I don't use EET.

You can download it from here: https://github.com/MarkVadasz/Rupert/releases

Comments

• BrokenkatanaBrokenkatana Member Posts: 47
    Thank you!
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    A nice idea - well done, thanks!
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    Rupert the Dye merchant has been officially updated and is now available at Spellhold Studios with macOS and Linux support.

@Vadász If anything has been omitted, you are welcome to mention it in the mod forum. We will do our best to fix it.