Skip to content

Prepare for forum insanity tomorow

I am one sad Hamster, no iPad BG:EE. However, this forum should come to life in a few short hours. Whither the OS X version? Sad, sad, Hamster. Have you ever seen a Hamster cry? It's sad. Tiny, tiny, sad, tears.

To everyone who gets to unlock their goodies in a few hours, slay some rats for me eh? Hamster is hungry.

Comments

• IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    I shall create a bard and sing songs of your bravery and patience space_hamster.
  • patbakerpatbaker Member Posts: 21
    There ,there now space hamster minsc will be around shortly :)
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    All the people who unlock the game on the PC in a few hours time are going to use up all the excitement and enjoyment so by the time the game is released on the iPad there will be none left.
  • leyshjonoeleyshjonoe Member Posts: 59
    The game unlocks in a few hours time? I thought it was still 30 hours away, ~1pm MST (local time edmonton)
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    *Shares bacon cheddar-jack nachos w/ @Tanthalas for good measure*

:(
  • eksterekster Member Posts: 234
    While I am sure the game will rock... I do foresee a lot of complaints of 'OMG this is the same' or 'OMG, this is not fixed.' as I have a feeling that a lot of people will not realize what 'enhanced' means, and instead will think it's a remake or a complete engine overhaul. :\
  • PhælinPhælin Member Posts: 316
    Tanthalas said:

Yeah, the forums will be a lot of fun to moderate tomorrow. :(

How do I mine for fish in this game?

• Greenman019Greenman019 Member Posts: 206

The game unlocks in a few hours time? I thought it was still 30 hours away, ~1pm MST (local time edmonton)

Me to :o
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I shall take you brother all over the realms to adventure with me, space_hamster.
  • PhælinPhælin Member Posts: 316
    Everyone will want to be first on commenting stuff. Avoid reading, just play :D
    edited November 2012
    ekster said:

While I am sure the game will rock... I do foresee a lot of complaints of 'OMG this is the same' or 'OMG, this is not fixed.' as I have a feeling that a lot of people will not realize what 'enhanced' means, and instead will think it's a remake or a complete engine overhaul. :\

You forgot about people who will complain because it ISN'T the same game (The UI sucks, the paperdoll sucks, the whatever was better in the original)...

And to the moderators, I vote we buy a lot of pills for headache and tranquilizers...
  • leyshjonoeleyshjonoe Member Posts: 59
    That whole 29-30 hour wait feels even more ridiculous now that it actually IS the 28th where I am...
  • eksterekster Member Posts: 234
    mlnevese said:

You forgot about people who will complain because it ISN'T the same game (The UI sucks, the paperdoll sucks, the whatever was better in the original)...

Hah, yeah. I completely forgot about that as well! There will definitely be lots of complaints that BGEE sucks because it's not the same as BG1.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited November 2012
    ekster said:

as I have a feeling that a lot of people will not realize what 'enhanced' means, and instead will think it's a remake or a complete engine overhaul. :\

Well, there is a game-play video, screenshots and 2 MASSIVE threads which list what will be include in the game and what won't. If people buy something without checking all the details and making a false expectations - they can only blame themselves .

Besides, @mlnevese raised a good point, people will always find something to complain about.

• MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    I won't be participating in any part of the forum, due to potential spoilers (I have never made it out of Candlekeep).

I will only be active in the Multiplayer thread.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    I'll be here weeding through the gunk to find some great adventures posting away and enjoying the game.

Cheers to all! And remember, Every Hamster, has his day!
    Good luck @Tanthalas. :)

If the game gets really popular we'll probably need more moderators to cover all timezones, although sometimes I get the impression Tanthalas is here 24/7 :)
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    mlnevese said:

If the game gets really popular we'll probably need more moderators to cover all timezones, although sometimes I get the impression Tanthalas is here 24/7 :)

Omni-present authority figure?
    ajwz said:

mlnevese said:

Omni-present authority figure?
    Isn't that @LadyRhian? :)
  • Kristie83Kristie83 Member Posts: 259
    ajwz said:

All the people who unlock the game on the PC in a few hours time are going to use up all the excitement and enjoyment so by the time the game is released on the iPad there will be none left.

Excitement and enjoyment are not finite emotions. If all of you iPad people band together and create a united front, and refuse to let your excitement and enjoyment wane, you will be just as happy as us PC people when BGEE is released for you! Stay strong, you shall persevere!
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    "Cools and Heats- If condition of warms is being wanted, control yourself." ;) Engrish...
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    mlnevese said:

ekster said:

And to the moderators, I vote we buy a lot of pills for headache and tranquilizers...
    hey, don't forget that the suck in the game really sucks.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited November 2012
    Quartz said:

I feel this is probably the best place to say this; I likely won't be going on these forums in any significant amount for a while (just checking messages and whatnot), come release time tomorrow.
    1. I'll be too busy playing.
    2. I've got forum writer's block, my posts lately aren't half as entertaining and/or useful as they used to be, so I need the break.
    3. I really suspect these forums to go downhill from here, I'm not going to lie. Hopefully it will be temporary.
    4. If all goes to plan, hopefully I will come back with some (informative) videos for you all.

You folks have been absolutely awesome so far though, I wanna thank you guys for being the most mature large-size forum I've ever seen on the internet. Cheers.

Kinda sad doesn't it???