Skip to content

How come Baldur's Gate II keeps crashing to desktop and having to be restrarted?

Especially when I click on the 'inventory' button for any character. For some reason, it crashes to desktop when I attempt to view the 'inventory' of my party members. I am running Windows 10 Home 64bit, but, I have tried running it in compatibility mode with Windows XP SP2 with no luck.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• ANOFANOF Member Posts: 70
    I've been having a similar problem lately. I haven't kept track of exactly what I've been doing when it's happened, but I'll be playing the game normally and then it'll just go to desktop; there's no warning or any kind of indication that anything is wrong with the game. It just vanishes out of nowhere.
  • 20884322088432 Member Posts: 229
    Does anyone have any ideas?
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    Out of curiosity, did this start happening with the 2.5 update? I tried the update yesterday for the first time and have found it very glitchy in Windows 10. No crashes (yet, anyway), but I was getting weird graphical anomalies and was sometimes having trouble switching control between party members.
  • ANOFANOF Member Posts: 70

Out of curiosity, did this start happening with the 2.5 update? I tried the update yesterday for the first time and have found it very glitchy in Windows 10. No crashes (yet, anyway), but I was getting weird graphical anomalies and was sometimes having trouble switching control between party members.

For me, it started happening after the recent update. And whilst I haven't had any overt graphical anomalies, on occasion, I have noticed a short glimmering line in the middle of the screen, as if the graphics aren't working properly.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    You should file a bug report, or at least post this in troubleshooting.