Skip to content

Sprites/Avatars?

Have I gone nuts, or are the human female cleric and fighter avatars completely different to how it used to be? (at least for bg2ee)

To me it looks like human male warriors and clerics have the bg2 sprites.. where as the corresponding female ones have bg1.. or iwd sprites?

I distinctly remember fem warriors to have bulkier armors, and not these chain + slabs of plate here and there.

Or am I really not remembering this right?

If i am correct, how can i restore normal bg2 sprites and paperdolls?

Comments

• GarrusN7GarrusN7 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 155
    You mean pre EE paperdolls?
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 626
    No, i meant the pre EE sprites.

Could be just my memory, but it feels as though BG2EE is using female sprites from vanilla BG1 or IWD.
    Khyron said:

Could be just my memory, but it feels as though BG2EE is using female sprites from vanilla BG1 or IWD.

Oof that requires mods from what I know. If it were just paperdolls I would recommend override but since it's sprites I can't help there.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Khyron said:

It can't, since the BG1 sprites don't support dual wielding. If the sprite can wield two weapons at once, it's a a BG2 sprite.
    ThacoBell

Khyron said:

It can't, since the BG1 sprites don't support dual wielding. If the sprite can wield two weapons at once, it's a a BG2 sprite.
    What? I have Jaheira dual wield in BG1 with ease. I think you're mistaken.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    You may have her dual wield in BG1EE, Tutu, or BGT, but those all use the BG2 sprites. The original BG1 engine did not support dual wielding.
    ThacoBell
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    I’ve got a mod in the works that restores the BG1 sprites. No ETA but it’s a thing (the sprite component itself is already done and it works.)
    ArctodusGusinda
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    @AndreaColombo Can you dual wield with BG1 sprites with your mod ? Also, would you consider releasing the sprite part of your mod as a standalone, at least for the time being ?
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    @Arctodus - You can in the sense that the game won’t crash if you equip two weapons (as opposed to the non-EE versions which did) and you get all the mechanical perks of dual-wielding. Graphically, the best you get is to display the main-hand weapon, which performs all of the attacks from a visual standpoint.

I would rather release the finished product in its entirety, as there is a concept behind it. However, I will evaluate our options with my partners in modding crime.
    ArctodusPermidion_StarkGusinda