So, I've looked at a few other discussions concerning this issue, and I have tried some of the mentioned options, but nothing seems to have worked.
I'm going to target @Gusinda
because the ideas that I found on other discussions mostly originated there. I'm not too much of a computer whiz, but I used the link you provided in an older discussion to download what I assumed to be DirectX 9.0c (it specified that it was the June 2010 edition or something). I then texted the game, but nothing really changed.
I think the main difference here and why my problem persists is perhaps because I am attempting to run a multiplayer game with only myself controlling six characters, as opposed to a single player game where this may have solved the problem.
After the DirectX solution alone did not work, I attempted to switch the two lines in baldur.lua as suggested (SetPrivateProfileString('Graphics','Backend','0') --> SetPrivateProfileString('Graphics','Backend','1'). However, when I did that I was unable to click anything on the screen that displayed my characters on which I would check their "ready" boxes. Therefore, I was never able to really check if that method was a solution.
I am running Windows 10 on a laptop that is certainly not stellar but does have plenty of RAM, hopefully somebody out there can help. It's not detrimental but it certainly is annoying.
Thank you all,