Skip to content

What happened to "Searing light"?

Back in the old days, I used the priest spell level 3 "searing light" extensively to battle nasty undead.

Now I can't find it neither in Viconias spellbook nor in the game files!

What happened to it?

Was it some mod-specific content? Or was it in the original game and the EE dropped it?

Comments

• RVNSRVNS Member Posts: 285
    I do believe that this was mod content. I do not recall any sort of searing light spell in baldurs gate. DND 3.0 was the first to introduce that spell, I believe, which would have been after Baldurs gate series.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,318
    Are you thinking of Sol's Searing Orb? That's a 6th level divine spell and does decent damage to undead.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • waehuunwaehuun Member Posts: 26
    Yes, it is mod content. TDD.
    Thank you for the info. I was indeed puzzled as to why there seems to be no info on that spell in many guides except this one.

So is there any option to install just the spells of TDD :smiley:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

Spell Revisions or IWDification will give you Sunscorch at 1st level...

Or B_Spells
  • ArachnusArachnus Member Posts: 20
    Is this my confabulation only, or meteor swarm once had his own distinctive animation (not shared with firestorm)?

Spell Revisions or IWDification will give you Sunscorch at 1st level...

Does sunscorch insta-kill liches? :smiley:

I'd love to install Spell Revisions but I think it is incompatible with some other mod I have installed, probably scales of balance.

Anyways, here is my mini-mod "tddspells.tp2" that installs Searing Light. All you need is the relevant files from TDD in the correct folder structure.

BACKUP ~tddspells/backup~

AUTHOR ~mzuba~

VERSION ~0.1a~

LANGUAGE ~English~
    ~English~
    ~tddspells/Language/English/setup.tra~
    ~tddspells/Language/English/tp2.tra~

BEGIN ~tddspells~

COPY ~data/SPPR324.spl~ ~override~
    SAY NAME1 ~Searing Light~
    SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC ~Searing Light (Evocation)
    Level: 3
    Range: Within caster's visual range
    Duration: Instant
    Casting Time: 4
    Area of Effect: Special
    Saving Throw: None

This spell enables the caster to summon the power of the sun which he will then use to produce a sudden light that flares to life right in front of a selected creature. The unexpected light will cause 1D8 points of unsavable damage for every 2 levels of the caster up to a maximum of 6D8. The light also does massive damage to undead, and can even slay them along with vampires and other night creatures.~

COPY ~data/SLITB.BAM~ ~override~
    COPY ~data/SLITC.BAM~ ~override~
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    You should use ADD_SPELL instead of Copy for better compatibility with other mods.

If a SPPR324.spl already exists (because of other mods), your coding would overwrite and break it.

Just a suggestion :)