Skip to content

Any way to play Normal Difficulty with 100% Damage?

Or to put it another way: is there any way to play Core Difficulty with maximized HP rolls, no permanent death, and all spells learned automatically?

I really like having max HP rolls, no permanent death, and all spells learned automatically because these perks just mitigate randomness and reduce the need to save-scum. But I'd rather have my enemies deal full damage.

I know it's been like this since forever, but it's always struck me as odd that the game's "Normal" difficulty setting reduces incoming damage by 25%. I think a lot of players would prefer to fight against full strength enemies, but with the conveniences of max hp, auto spell learning, and no perma death (especially for multiplayer).

I've looked through the options and the only setting that normalizes damage ("No Difficulty-Based Damage Increase") only functions on difficulty levels higher than core. Unless I'm mistaken, it does nothing if the game is set to "Easy" or "Normal" (and has no real purpose if the game is set to Hard or Insane so it basically only exists to make Legacy of Bhaal easier).

Is there any way to achieve Normal Difficulty with 100% damage in an unmodded game right now? If not, would anyone else like it if an option like this were made available? Perhaps "No Difficulty-Based Damage Increase" could be renamed "No Difficulty-Based Damage Modifier" and coded so it also bumps the "Easy" and "Normal" damage up to 100%?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SmurfkingSmurfking Member Posts: 5

The mod you're looking for is called "Tweaks Anthology."

Is there any way to do it without mods? I've heard mods aren't great for multiplayer stability (correct me if I'm wrong) so I'd prefer to run the vanilla installation if possible.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Smurfking said:

I've looked through the options and the only setting that normalizes damage ("No Difficulty-Based Damage Increase") only functions on difficulty levels higher than core. Unless I'm mistaken, it does nothing if the game is set to "Easy" or "Normal" (and has no real purpose if the game is set to Hard or Insane so it basically only exists to make Legacy of Bhaal easier).

You're mistaken (and it's poorly labeled). It's removes the damage modifier for all difficulties.

• borntodieborntodie Member Posts: 199
    edited August 2018
    For learning spells in core difficulty there is a workaround. If you raise your intelligence to 25 with potions of genius (available in abundance at every temple in bg2) you will never fail writing a scroll.

I'm actually a little sad to say that intelligence is not-so-important even for mages because of this.
    Post edited by borntodie on