Skip to content

Trouble with Rasaad quest

I couldn’t find any thread talking about this.

I cleaned the Seven Suns and took the scroll, copied to my journal, then throw it. Didn’t give much though about it.

Until I learn I was supposed to have a new area in the map, which I don’t. Neither Rasaad has talked to me about it. The global variable is set in “4”. In the journal, apparently I haven’t gone yet to the Seven Suns. I have visited it again on night, but is empty.

I can only imagine I have to eekeeper the scroll again to my inventory, but what’s the name or the code?

Comments

• Very_BigSwordVery_BigSword Member Posts: 222
    edited August 2018
    The new area does not immediately appear on world map. Rather, your journal entry and the dialogue during the quest encounters indicate where to search. If you wish to skip the investigative part, see spoiler below:
    On the same map as Prism/Nashkel mine, exit the map on the south border. Cloudpeak Mountains should then appear on your world map.
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    edited August 2018
    No, I tried that already. It doesn’t happen.

This is very weird. Now, I am “ok” with this if I know that, despite not completing his quest in BG1, I can normally do Rasaad’s quests in SoD and SoA. I have EET installed.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @MonoCanalla You need to hang on to the scroll long enough for Rasaad to initiate dialogue about it. If you read and tossed it without ever leaving the inventory screen, Rasaad never got the change to trigger his dialogue. If the scroll has despawned, your only alternative is to use a console command to unlock the new map.
    edited August 2018
    @ThacoBell Thanks, that explains it perfectly. That's why I ask if I can add the scroll in EEKeeper. Does it have a clear, specific name? If not, is it one of the multiple scrolls with no name? I can try one after another.

Because I'm not making clueconsole to work. I'm playing on Windows on a Mac Bootcamp and the keyboard is weird. Also, the thingy you have to edit in a file in the install, I don't think that even actually worked. Never managed to summon clueconsole. Can it be done in EEKeeper?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @MonoCanalla I don't know the name of the scroll, so you will probably to do a little searching. Adding it in EEKeeper might work.
    edited August 2018
    Didn’t find it in eekeeper :-(

I’m looking at Rasaad’s local variables. Anything I can change?
    Post edited by MonoCanalla on
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    edited August 2018
    Hi @MonoCanalla, the item code for the 'Scrap of Paper' is:

OHRNOT01.ITM

Should have no problem finding it in EEKeeper.

Hope it all works out for ya
    Gus

Edit: Added Spoiler
    @Gusinda, I’ll try that later at home but it sounds like it will do it. Thanks!
    Actually it didn’t work :-( Ig was another letter about Rasaad’s. Anyway, I got more help already than I can ask. I just hope I can do later Rasaad’s quests normally.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @MonoCanalla, sorry about that. The one above is for BG2EE. This one is for 'Sorrem's Note' (BGEE).

RSNOTE2.ITM

Gus
    Yes. I managed to make CluaConsole work, and i created that item! Oddly, the item is not in EEKeeper. Thanks!