Skip to content

GOG 2.5 Patch: "This patch does not support your version of the game..."

GaelicVigilGaelicVigil Member Posts: 111
edited August 2018 in Troubleshooting
I'm trying to install the manual "2.3.67.3 to 2.5" patch from GOG and am getting the following error:

"This patch does not support your version of the game please download a new installer"

This error message appears on both of my desktop computers. One running Windows 10 and the other, Linux Mint. I've ensured that I am currently running 2.3.67.3 on both of them. I have not modified my game other than adding a few files to my portraits and override directories.

I live rural and my internet speed is awful. I'd really prefer to not have to re-download the whole game again.

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited August 2018
    Try running the installer without any items in your override folder. If that doesn't work then contact GoG support.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    edited August 2018
    @GaelicVigil, not sure if this helps or just blowing in the wind...

I think there were 2 versions of 2.3.67.3 on GoG (the A and B versions). 'A' was a standalone download that didn't contain GoG Galaxy whereas 'B' did. I noticed that in the uploads area on GoG now, the update patch seems to be only the 2.3.67.3(B) to 2.5.17.0 with nothing for 2.3.67.3(A). Again, only a guess but if you had the 'A' version before, it might not be suitable.

Gus