Skip to content

Savegame audio configuration bug?

NoctroNoctro Member Posts: 3
Hi fellas. Recently I've downloaded the voices in spanish from the forum (the partial translation that goes around there) everyhing worked fine until I've run into Yoshimo, who had no voice at all. Even after checking that the files were okay and they were playable and hearable couln't find the origin of the problem. (I've seen some guys with the same problem)

So.
I deleted EVERYTHING, uninstalled from Steam, and deleted the local files folders, everything (allegedly)
Then I downloaded the game again, accepting that I would have to play the game with the english original voices (not a problem, I wanted the spanish ones out of nostalgia but...) but something weird happened.

When i loaded my savegame, voices were back in spanish, no matter which language i chose, they remained that way.
Then I switched to english and started a new games and in that one, voices were in english. But if I load my game (the one i started with spanish voices), they turn into spanish, even having deleted all the downloaded voice files (Yoshimo, of course, keeps having the same bug and is silent)

W.T.F

Does that means that savegames keep some...log of the original audio files? How's that even freaking possible?
And more important...How the heck do I change my saved game to have english audio and spanish text? (I'm asking for this because the Yoshimo bug no one knows how to fix it, and it seems it happens with other npcs and with the narrator between chapters)
Little help, please?

Comments

• warwizardwarwizard Member Posts: 11
    This forum is weird.

Its not only this thread. I askes a few questions too but this community doesnt help or give advice.

I think this is the first time i see a game forum where ppls threads or posts are ignored.

Im active in the mwo forum and a few others. Sc2 forum as well as xcom 2 forum to talk about strats and mods and all that. Cant remeber ever seeing that so many ppl ask questions and nobody answers.

So i say goodbye.

Not a good vibe here.

Gamers from other genres are socially a little less....reduced.

Sorry, TE.

This is not a good place to get help or feedback. Id check out other forums that have something to do with bg2.

User Alien was helpful. Thx to him.

• BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    Err, not sure what to say regarding the rant above, but i will say that the question posted is for a Spanish DLC, obviously this is not the Spanish section of the forum so highly unlikely many of us will be using this language pack.

All i can suggest to to try the Spanish section of the forum and hopefully someone can help.

I would also add that this forum is extremely helpful and respectful, often posters go out of their way to investigate and help others and i for one very much appreciate the efforts put in by everyone, posters, mods and devs.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    According to https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/38796#change-225497, this issue was solved by @Noctro - "change instalation directory and now all working fine."