Skip to content

Consistant crashing on Arelith

Raised ticket about 2 weeks but it is still sitting as new and not looked at.

Crashes frequently on Arelith, and consistently on one of my characters there (just has to log in). I got to chapter 2 or 3 single player without issues.

The main issue I have is a crash that you capture (displays your splash screen message asking to report the defect)

I'm using I'm running a new Surface Pro, I7 with the Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 (i7)

I looked at the Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Development Build 8179 version, but if I use this Arelith does not come up as an option.

Any ideas on how I can get some support on these issues?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Hello, @Poetical ! We plan to address the rest of Intel crashes. We've seen your report, but still haven't been able to get to it, as all our work is on providing the 64-bit support for NWN:EE.

Our QA will get to your report soon.
  • PoeticalPoetical Member Posts: 3
    @JuliusBorisov Thank you very much for the response greatly appreciated, but could you clarify a few points for me please?

Does this mean that all the fixes that have been identified have been released and so I am already using them and dont need to worry about the posts relating to the Enhanced Edition Development Build 8179 version?

Also if all of your effort is currently in enhancing the game to support 64-bit rather than fixing the crashing issues that many people still seem to be suffering from do we have a view on when the 64-bit work will be completed and there will be a focus on making the game playable for people who still have these issues?

look forward to hearing from you QA Team, I have around 80 crash dumps in addition to the ones already supplied, and one that I believe can be easily reproduced.

thanks
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    The latest stable build for NWN:EE incorporated many, but not all Intel-related bug fixes.

Right now the work is on the GOG build, 64-bit, and NWSync. The rest of Intel-related bugs are difficult to detect (most likely will need additional hardware to test), and this will be looked at only after the GOG build, 64-bit, and NWSync are all done.