Skip to content

Ishlilka for BG2/TOB [Work in Progress]

WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
edited September 2018 in BGII:EE Mods
The thread in which I will post updates regarding this upcoming mod. I am getting close to the point of wrapping up the content side of this project and getting started with intensive and very painful bugfixing.

Dialogues, Quests, etc. are mostly done. Currently i'm working on learning and building new areas to the game. This is probably going to be one of the more time consuming aspects of the project, but I simply don't want to add more new content to already existing areas which are more than content-rich already. I haven't designed my own area yet, but I know enough about Photoshop to feel reasonably confident in pulling off a decent looking area. Who knows, this skill could be highly useful in pursuing other IE projects, but I digress.

A few random comments:

Wizard Slayers get more enjoyable to use the higher in level you go. By midpoint SOA you feel like you are finally fulfilling your intended purpose.

Writing interactions with BG2 characters is easier than writing for BG1, mostly because you have a lot more non-mod material to work with. Xzar isn't the easiest person to get inside the mind of, at least for me.

When i'm done with this mod I plan to take what I learned and make another. Probably for IWD:EE. That mod is already halfway done in fact.

Comments

• BrokenkatanaBrokenkatana Member Posts: 47
    Will the character be returning to BG1 or will she be entirely set in BG2 now? I've really enjoyed the character, so good luck with this project.
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651

Will the character be returning to BG1 or will she be entirely set in BG2 now? I've really enjoyed the character, so good luck with this project.

Ishlilka for BG1 is hosted here:

https://sorcerers.net/community/resources/ishlilka-for-bg1-sod-1-3.97/updates

And thank you for using Ishlilka in your party :)
    -- One month update --

First, I want to mention how great you look today. There is no further progress. Also, I love the shirt, is that fabric?
  • jakinxzjakinxz Member Posts: 7
    So what happened to this mod? is it dead?
    edited December 2018
    @jakinxz Not dead. I am determined to finish it. Right now is final project time for my college semester though. I will have more time soon. Trying to craft areas still makes my head hurt but I haven't had too much time to research it more. And I don't want to release the mod not up to my own expectations.

I tried to give a lot more freedom and replayability to this one and I hope it shows.