Skip to content

BG EE Trilogy: Stuck in Chapter three

Hello there.
I have recently modded my game using the Big World Setup and everything was fine afterwards.
I played until arriving at the bandit camp, killed everything in sight, opened the chest containing the letters that should should trigger the start of the 4th chapter when collected, collected them and... well you guessed: nothing happened.

I did not think much of it at the time. Solved some more side quests. Killed some monsters. Collected loot and EXP. Freed Dynaheir and so on.

When I realized that something was up I tried to fix that. I know of the console and tried to find the necesseray commands to force a transition into the fourth chapter.

I found this illuminting post containing useful links like this one.

I played around with some commands trying to manually unlock the first Cloakwood area, changing the global chapter variable to four. Playing the cutscene. But I failed when it came to the area codes. The area code found here does either not exist or refers to the elven town from the start of chapter seventeen (after the underdark in BG2).

But then I realized that even should they work I would have no idea if I actually set all the necessary variables/flags in this heavily modded game.
So yeah.

My question is:

If I am stuck in the third chapter because somehow the letters did not trigger the chapter transition in a BGT modded installation: What do I need to do to fix this?

The attached file is actually a BWS Selection ini file. It contains all the mods of my current installation. The file upload does not like .ini files.

Please do not hesitate to ask questions for further clarification if necessary.

Comments