Skip to content

Can't join NWN:EE game hosted by computer on same network

I am trying to have one computer host a game and the other two join it. All of the computers are connected to the same modem but one of them is using a different router. When I try to connect to a game hosted by any of the computers, I get an error message that says:

Attempting to find server.
Direct connect and UDP hole punch failed.
Requesting relay token.
Relay access was denied.
Relay said: You are connecting to a server on your own public address. Please use the Direct Connect button, or the LAN view, instead of the Internet server listing.
Connection to server has failed.

In the LAN view, there is nothing. When I use Direct Connect, I get a slightly different error message:

Attempting to find server.
Direct connect and UDP hole punch failed.
Requesting relay token.
Relay access was denied.
Relay said: Server is in a private network.
Connection to server has failed

The only solution I could find on the internet was to use port forwarding. I did that but nothing changed.

Is there any way I can get this to work?

Comments

• Grizzled_DwarflordGrizzled_Dwarflord Member Posts: 168
    edited September 2018
    Yes, Direct Connect to your host computer, but use your local IP address rather than your public IP.

It's a shame that Beamdog hasn't published more on this subject and how to get it to work.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Were you using the local IP address or the public IP address when Direct Connecting?

The root cause might be the target IP being wrong, or Windows Firewall not allowing the connection.