Skip to content

Issue multiclassing kits

MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
I used the EEkeeper cheat to have a Swashbuckler/Fighter, but despite the issue with being able ron backstab, I saw there is a free +1 to hit and -1 to AC. I realize I got two at level 1 instead of one, that stacks when you change from swashbucker to Fighter/Thief with kit in EEkeeper. I don’t feel comfortable having that small advantage. Is there any way to still multiclass a kit and not have the issue?

Any mod that allows to multiclass kits at the character creation screen?

Did anyone try Corsair? Any good?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    What I finally did was modifying the base THAC0 on EEkepeer (D’oh!). For the AC, EEKeeper didn’t fix it, so I gave up on Gorion’s Amulet and gave it to Minsc. In SoA will be an issue, but whatever. At least I’m using daggers.
  • WatchForWolvesWatchForWolves Member Posts: 183
    That's weird. I solo as Fighter/Mage/Swashbuckler sometimes and I never had the issue.

Start a new game, make a hard save, quit, open EEKeeper, set your kit to Swashbuckler, then in the "Effects" tab add... effects from the Swashbuckler kit from levels 001 to 001. This should give you the AC bonus.

"Unfortunately" you keep the backstab this way.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @MonoCanalla Go to the Effects sheet on EEKeeper. Probably something is with a double entrie. Delete one of those and this small advantage will go away.
  • Jaheiras_WitnessJaheiras_Witness Member Posts: 614
    If you create the character as a Swashbuckler through character creation in-game, then use Shadowkeeper to change your class from “thief” to “fighter/mage/thief” (you don’t change the kit) and change the levels to be 1/1/x (where x is the level your swashbuckler was before you entered shadowkeeper) that should give you the character you want without any issues such as duplicate benefits or retaining backstab.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I find the best way, with minimal effort, is to bump down you level in EEkeeper to 0 after changing to kit, then open the game and level up. This usually fix most of the duplicate effects (or sometimes if effects are not added, which also can happen).

If you use this way, the only thing that get messed up is the HP since the game doesn't always remove the added HP from the previous "level-up". It usually fix the saves as well if you change to a shorty race etc.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Skatan said:

I find the best way, with minimal effort, is to bump down you level in EEkeeper to 0 after changing to kit, then open the game and level up. This usually fix most of the duplicate effects (or sometimes if effects are not added, which also can happen).

If you use this way, the only thing that get messed up is the HP since the game doesn't always remove the added HP from the previous "level-up". It usually fix the saves as well if you change to a shorty race etc.

To add to this, you cans set your max hp to one in EEKeeper, so that when you do level up, you only get 1 extra hp.