Skip to content

List of BGEE reviews — Averaged rating [79%] — Update [21]

kangaxxkangaxx Member Posts: 681
[12] Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Review — on escapistmagazine.com (12/05/2012) 8/10

[11] Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Review: Butt-kicking for goodness! — on gamefaqs.com (11/29/2012) 7.1/10

[10] Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Review — on gamebanshee.com (12/01/2012)

[9] Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition review — on eurogamer.net (12/03/2012) 8/10

[8] THERE AND BACK AGAIN. — on ign.com (11/30/2012) 8.1/10

[7] Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Edition review (PC) — on mygaming.co.za (11/28/2012) 8/10

[6] Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition Review — on incgamers.com (11/28/2012) 9/10

[5] Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Edition Review — on softpedia.com (11/28/2012) 8/10

[4] Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Impressions — on gamespy.com (11/28/2012)

[3] Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition review: classic reborn — on shacknews.com (11/28/2012)

[2] Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition | Review — on onlysp.com (11/28/2012) 8.5/10

[1] A Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition iPad review — on touchgen.net (11/28/2012) [deleted] 4.5/5

Non-English reviews

German
[G3] Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edtion im Test: Mehr als nur eine teure Mod? — on pcgames.de (12/03/2012) 6.9/10

[G2] Erstaunlich wenig gealterter Klassiker — on golem.de (11/21/2012)

[G1] Test: Die Rückkehr des Kult-RPGs — on gamersglobal.de (11/28/2012) 7/10

Italian
[I2] Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition - Recensione — on spaziogames.it (12/04/2012) 8.5/10

[I1] Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition - Torna una leggenda — on multiplayer.it (11/29/2012) 8.5/10

Polish
[P1] Recenzja gry Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition - klasyka RPG w nowych szatach — on gry-online.pl (12/04/2012) 6/10

Spanish
[S3] Análisis: “Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition” — on 3djuegos.com (12/04/2012) 8/10

[S2] Análisis de Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition para Ordenador — on vandal.net (11/28/2012) 8/10

[S1] Análisis Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition PC — on meristation.com (11/28/2012) 8.5/10

This list will be updated. Please let me know, if you find any review which is not on the list yet. Thank you.
Post edited by kangaxx on

Comments

• DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    Sweet! Thanks for posting this, hadn't noticed.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited November 2012
    BG:EE is a top tier, premium level iPad title. I expected a good review.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Hopefully they make lots of sales.
  • RiolathelRiolathel Member Posts: 330
    edited November 2012
    Y no 5 stars?

Edit: After reading the review it became apparent... This was given by a new-gen gamer with no idea on how to review a game..

He barely even mentioned a single aspect from the game; instead he blabbed about Bioware and how the menu should be designed like borderlands.. -_-
  • DeathMachineMiyagiDeathMachineMiyagi Member Posts: 120
    That was a really awful review, no matter how many stars he gave it.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Terrible-ass review but at least he gave it 4.5/5 stars. That's cool.
  • demacydemacy Member Posts: 12
    the review was ok in that it was 90% positive, but it was almost entirely copy/pasted.
    in the grand scheme, the review will at least not scare poeple off and only some of us notice the CTRL+V/CTRL+P nature of the "review"

let's just look at it as a quick look at the game instead of a proper review and it makes more sense.
    tbh I'm just happy we're talking about a 4.5/5 instead of something else.
  • joshykinsjoshykins Member Posts: 95
    What an absolute terribly written review. Hell, it was terrible in general, the reviewer hardly touched on anything relevant. I'd be embarrassed to even publish that.
  • GloktaGlokta Member Posts: 97
    joshykins said:

What an absolute terribly written review. Hell, it was terrible in general, the reviewer hardly touched on anything relevant. I'd be embarrassed to even publish that.

I agree with this.
    Sad, but true.

• RohndilRohndil Member Posts: 171
    http://www.touchgen.net/baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition-first-impressions

[...]I have to admit that at first I had hoped to see one of my favourite Xbox titles Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance[...]

Eh.
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    Wow, that is bad review.
    Ever thought of using word "protagonist" or "main character"? I know, that's hard...
  • DrazzeDrazze Member Posts: 13
    That was totally embarrasing -_-
    He makes me wanna hate Sweden, even though I am a Swede :/
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Drazze said:

That was totally embarrasing -_-
    He makes me wanna hate Sweden, even though I am a Swede :/

It's okay man, every person on this planet has to deal with feeling mis-represented pretty frequently, really.
  • DukeGrDukeGr Member Posts: 43
    Just the fact that someone made a review of Baldur's Gate in less than 24 hours is a joke by its own merit.

I guess he also gave a 4.5/5 cause its a score that doesnt draw attention ( not perfect, but very good to keep the fans shutted).

At least he didnt do a diablo comparison, lmao
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    That review was just laughably bad. Nothing but pointless ramblings pushed out in order for site hits.
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Riolathel said:

Y no 5 stars?

Edit: After reading the review it became apparent... This was given by a new-gen gamer with no idea on how to review a game..

He barely even mentioned a single aspect from the game; instead he blabbed about Bioware and how the menu should be designed like borderlands.. -_-

He didn't even mention isometric 2d, the fact it is based on D&D, nor did he bother to spell check. Horrendous!
  • VissiousVissious Member Posts: 53
    ...Gorion never taught me *any* martial arts.
    :(
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 279
    The game is so good that you can review it unproperly an still give it 4.5 stars
  • Kang54Kang54 Member Posts: 58
    Did they take the 'review' down? The link just takes me to search results now, with the first impressions article shown first.
  • cyberarmycyberarmy Member Posts: 128
    Necdilzor said:

The game is so good that you can review it unproperly an still give it 4.5 stars

QFT!

• LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Amusing how the review itself is getting panned so searingly (pan-seared?). Only got a little bit into the first paragraph and it lost me.
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    Apparently this review was so bad, that they took it down, just to make another bad "first impressions".
    Back in the 90's game reviews at least were quite reliable...
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    What a completely crappy review ... I think that Trent is paying off the reviewers / previewers to blabber about dark alliance instead, as surely people can't actually be that dumb?

Or no, they are just dumb console gamers.

Insert trolololol gif, facepalm gif, smash head against desk gif, smash head against tree gif, I don't want to live on this planet anymore jpg right here.

• Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    We have done our work. He took down the review. Mwhahahahahahaaha!
  • darkmobsondarkmobson Member Posts: 28
    guys are they deleting comments below the review?? because last time i checked there were many comments saying how bad the review was and now there is only 3 comments.
  • Kang54Kang54 Member Posts: 58
    No, the review itself is down. The 'first impressions' article is still up, with only 2 comments so far.
  • darkmobsondarkmobson Member Posts: 28

guys are they deleting comments below the review?? because last time i checked there were many comments saying how bad the review was and now there is only 3 comments.

ah now i get it:

last time i checked it was the first so-called review but now they took it down and made another bad one.

• srvksrvk Member Posts: 65
    edited November 2012
    they have posted the intro cinematic http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zuc2h0hZJDs . It looks bad. I hope you can switch to the old videos