Skip to content

iPad to PC save transfer?

I have given up iPad app installation - yikes in the MF yard it is too much, too variable, and the information is ancient at best.

I have acquired Beamdog's version of BG:EE on my PC as I've deemed all hope of iOS to be out the window. I have successfully jailbroken my iPad and used iFunBox to download a copy of all of my save files. How/Where do I put them so that they load in the PC version? Upon utilizing the "open game location" function, I am taken to

me/beamdog library/00766. There are data folders and etc but no locatable save files despite starting a new game from scratch and attempting to locate it. I am stuck with 000000001-quick-save-2.bg1save (from iPad) and nowhere to put it. I have no access to files with save in their name.

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Tundraman, the save area for the games are located in your documents folder (as is the baldur.lua when you make the changes to access the console). Not sure how the saves look on an iPad but I assume they are the same. I am also guessing you are in a Windows environment on your PC.

Copy the entire 'iPad BGEE\save' folder to:
    ...\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\save

You should end up with something like:
    ..\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\save\000000000-Auto-Save
    ..\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\save\000000001-Tundraman Current Save 1
    ..\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\save\000000002-Tundraman Best team
    etc...

If you have any character files or portraits, then these can be copied over as well into:
    ..\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\characters
    ..\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\portraits

For Black Pit games use:
    ..\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\bpsave

For Multiplayer games:
    ..\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\mpsave

You can just create the folders that aren't there.

Hope that helps
    Gus