Skip to content

BGEE won't launch white box and error message!

ZlizeZlize Member Posts: 9
Hi!

I recently went back from Windows 10 to Windows 7 just to fond out my favorite game dosen't work anymore.

I bought this game on steam and I tried all the solutions from forums and guides on yours and diffrent websites. Running the game on a laptop (Acer Aspire 5733) and it worked before.

I've tried running the game in compability modes disabling stuff running as admistrator. Even downloaded a Baldur.lua file for my games directory. Also reinstalled OpenAI and reinstalled dx9.0c nothing works.

Plz help love this game!!!

Here is a dump file and my specs

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @Zlize, it might just be your video driver out of date. Have a look at this site for an update (you currently have 6.01.7601.17514 (Swedish) and the update will take you to 8.15.10.2182). Hopefully it is also international.

Your audio driver appears to be up to date.

For your baldur.lua (or the one downloaded), befoire you start, rename what you have there now and allow BG to rebuild a new baldur.lua when it is run. This way, it can set the drivers and inital conf. If it doesn't work, then the backend can be played with.

If it doesn't work after the driver update, could you upload your renewed baldur.lua and a new dxdiag report?

Hopefully, you'll be heading back into the wilderness soon.
    Gus
  • ZlizeZlize Member Posts: 9
    TY so much that did the trick!!

Feeling like such a noob. I only updated the chipset driver before and not the VGA >_>

So gratefull thx again heading back in this amazing saga!

Best regards Zlize