Skip to content

Sometimes game crashes with out of memory exception, any way to assign more?

I've recently been getting random crashes for the game. I checked windows event log and found out game fails because NVidia OpenGL driver got out of memory exception. I checked and game never really goes beyond 300MB of memory but yet it randomsly crashes.

Game crash info

The program Baldur.exe version 0.1.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 1fb0
Start Time: 01d45c0feb42f2b6
Termination Time: 3
Application Path: C:\Games\GOG Games\baldurs gate ii - enhanced edition\Baldur.exe
Report Id: 776e7310-0906-4d52-88a0-7669213fa82b
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Related warning

The NVIDIA OpenGL driver has encountered
an out of memory error. This application might
behave inconsistently and fail.

Is there a configuration that can be done here either in NVidia settings or baldur.lua which would allow driver to consume more memory? I have 16GB so it's not issue of my memory size.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Please report crashes at support.baldursgate.com - our QA is active there, and will be able to help your troubleshoot the issue.
  • MyragMyrag Member Posts: 328
    Definitely @JuliusBorisov. I asked here as I just wondered maybe if its more of configuration thing than actual issue. Was hoping there is somewhere configuration line which I can just change. Nonetheless, thanks, will do that.