Skip to content

Pre-Built Content from Beamdog

How about Beamdog offing suport to authors by providing pre-built Forgotten Realms cities, npcs, items, points of interest.
If you can't do this for free, it could be nice pay microcontent.
JFKWarChiefZeke

Comments

• TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    You mean like these nine pages of area pre-fabs on the vault? or these 1600 item prefabs in a single project?

TR
    tfoxJuliusBorisovdunahan
  • JFKJFK Member Posts: 214
    I've suggested this before too. While there are indeed great prefabs available on the Vault, that doesn't prevent me from wanting to have say, the Twisted Tower of Ashaba available from the actual developer, using all the new properties available to NWN:EE.
    In fact, I'd pay for areas like that, or Toad Knoll in Shadowdale, or the Old Skull Inn, or sections of Waterdeep.
    Yeah, I think it's a great idea.

-JFK
    brix
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    It would probably be helpful if they released a package of assets for content creation like textures selected by their art director so content is less mismatched.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    One thing to be careful about when making prefab areas (especially urban ones). Don't make them too large. Most players don't like large areas with nothing but eye candy in them. Making a city from PnP maps can easily make you fall into this trap.

TR
    Grymlorde
  • brixbrix Member Posts: 43
    And as a side effect, this would dramatically speed up content creation. I'd love to create modules. I have a lot of ideas. But I neither have time to build, let's say the City of Phlan, nor do I have programming skills to use new EE commands.
    So the more help I can get, the better.
    I would also spend a few bugs for such content.
  • ZwerkulesZwerkules Member Posts: 112
    Nobody wants bugs! ;-)
    Keep them.
    jonesr65
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    It would be nice microcontent, developers would use them and players would enjoy them, easy way to monetize NWN and do the community some favors as a result.
    JFKbrix