Skip to content

Bardic Troupe Party

VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
So I've wanted to do a full bard party in the IE games but I'm always iffy on if it would be fun/work. Idea would be

Bard
Jester
Skald
Blade

and then either use mods to add new kits for slots 5 and 6 or use the Shadowdancer and Spirit Shaman (since they also performance themed).

Skald and Blade could be front line, Jester constantly singing, Bard casting spells or singing or fighting based on what is needed.

Spirit Shaman (Or mod bard kit that lets bards heal) would be healer/support/summoner and Shadowdancer is troubleshooter for traps and scouting.

Any suggestions to better this? I just wanted to RP an acting troupe of friends.
BlackravenThacoBellAerakar

Comments

• BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Sounds like a lot of fun! You might want to look into the Song & Silence mod. It adds several bard (and thief) kits. The Chorister bard looks particularly fitting for the healer role you're looking for:
    CHORISTER: Music, whether hymn, symphony or dark chanting intonation, plays an important part in the services of most deities. For aiding in performing rituals or just leading the faithful in worship, most holy places have at least one bard, known as a Chorister.

Choristers are not only to be found within temple walls, however; many faiths use them as missionaries, helping to bring new worshippers into the fold. Many an adventuring bard with a religious bent can also end up as a Chorister, finding their prayers answered by the deity they venerate.

Advantages:
    - Knows a small selection of divine spells. These are accessed and memorized as Mage spells:
    Level 1: Armor of Faith, Cure Light Wounds, Doom
    Level 2: Chant, Draw Upon Holy Might, Slow Poison
    Level 3: Cure Medium Wounds, Glyph of Warding
    Level 4: Defensive Harmony, Holy Power
    Level 5: Mass Cure
    Level 6: Bolt of Glory

Disadvantages:
    - Only has one-half normal Lore value
    - Only has one-half Pick Pockets percentage

VallmyrAerakar
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
    /nods, the only major Bard mods I am aware of are Song & Silence and Might and Guile along with Rogue Rebalancing for stuff like HLAs.

The main things I'm worried about is low APR and disarming traps for if I go a full 6 bard party.
    [Deleted User]
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    I know there are other mods in addition to these but as to ones I have personally tested and enjoyed greatly, besides S&S (new kits) and RR, which I really like (new versions of vanilla bards, new rules regarding PPing and dual wielding for bards (if ya like that) and MUCH better HLA), you might take a peak at both Bardic Wonders and Shadow Magic. There are several new kits in these two. In SM, depending on your alignment you could get a familiar that is basically a shadowdancer that will level up with you.
    VallmyrAerakar
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    If you go with vanilla, I'd go with two or three blades. 1 or 2 with melee and 1 using xbow of speed, throwing daggers and/or shortbows since all of these options add APR which togehter with offensive spin let's you do a decent damage output together with the skald song. I haven't played any of the mods, but I guess they give better options for diversity though.
    VallmyrAerakar
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    VallmyrSkatanThacoBellAerakar
    Ugh, been working past 6 days and haven’t had much time to get things organized. I haven’t looked at Might and Guile since ages ago so I’ll have to look at the readme. Sunday is probably when I’ll do the setup.
    Ok! Messing with installing mods and I really, really like Might & Guile. I'm commissioning a portrait of the last party member but I plan to play Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition with a series of my Bard characters RPing as races from my homebrew 5e D&D setting.

Aldred - Wolven (Human stats) - Skald
    Cu - Kitsune (Half-Elf) - Dirgesinger
    Piro - Gnome - Meistersinger
    Quest - Tabaxi (Elf) - Loresinger
    Sand - Tabaxi (Elf) - Blade
    Valentin - Elf - Jester

Mods installed are

Might and Guile
    Song & Silence
    Rogue Rabalancing
    Charlatan Kit
    Reveal Hidden Gameplay Options
    Scales of Balance (Just the part that changes how Statistics work)
    No Restrictions

I used Big World Setup and encountered no errors so far in testing character creation and such.
    @subtledoctor

With a quick check I couldn't find it, are your M&G Bards Intelligence based for spellcasting, Charisma based, or do they not use a spellcasting statistic?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Ah I guess I was curious if a minimum int was needed to learn spells but I suppose not. Thanks for the awesome mod!