Skip to content

BG1EE - can't get to Cloakwood Nest

Playing the Steam version, latest update, Windows 10.

I've been following the quest. Interrogated the guy in Beregost, went to the bandit camp, fought the good fight, looted the letters, talked to the neutral guy standing there. I got the cutscene and my journal says I'm on chapter 4. I went to Cloakwood (Lodge) and cleared that area. Now I try to leave to go to the next area, and it doesn't appear on the map.

I've tried exiting from every side of Cloakwood (Lodge), I've tried a clean install. Right now I'm completely stuck and can't advance. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Are you sure you don't have any mod components left in your override folder? The same problem was once mentioned when a player had the BG1 NPCs mod installed before updating to the 2.5 version.

If you don't use mods, zip and attach your save at support.baldursgate.com , and our QA will help you.
  • GreybirdGreybird Member Posts: 3
    I tested by installing the GoG version (I'm playing on Steam) to a completely different directory.
  • GreybirdGreybird Member Posts: 3
    I double checked, and the override for the second, clean installation wasn't just empty, the install was on a completely different drive. I've uploaded the file as suggested.