Skip to content

What should I dual-class my human kensai to and at what level should I do it?(1

I have a human kensai level 13 and am wanting to dual-class him to something else at some point what should that be, and at what level should I make the move?

Comments

• jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    13th is generally the latest level you'd want to dual a kensai so you should make the move now. Mage is the usual choice and is super-strong given their many defensive buffs, though you can make a case for thief, cleric, or druid as well depending on who else is in your party.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    As @jsaving said, the time to do it is now. Kensai thief is great fun but be prepared for a shock regarding just how bad you are at hitting stuff and how lousy your armour class is when you first change to being a thief. If you do it my advice would be to start out by putting all your points in stealth so that you can do a lot of sneaking and backstabbing until you become a kensai again.
  • LammasLammas Member Posts: 211
    Best levels are 9 and 13. 13 means you're getting you fighter levels back rather late but you gain more apr, hitpoints and thaco bonuses from you fighter side. 9 is nice since getting your fighter levels back won't take too long and it's really not losing much compared to 13. If you still haven't dual-classed the time do it is now, like others have pointed out.

In BG1 you could also switch a lot earlier just so the class you'd dual into has access to exceptional strength and extra weapon pips beyond proficient. The extra hitpoints and thaco are nice for BG1 but don't really do all that much later in the series. Great way of making an almost-pure thief with godlike backstab power without needing items to boost STR.