Skip to content

Any suggestions what mods should be added for BG2EE ?

BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
Hi guys,
I just started toying with BigWorldSetup, I was wondering what mods are fun or increase the difficulty that I should include beside the standard default ones when you first run BSW?

So far I installed standard default + dungeon-be-gone.
Any other suggesttions?

Thank you.

Comments

• AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    There is not really a one size fits all answer to this kind of question, because the answer depends a lot on your personal tastes and what kinds of gameplay you enjoy.

For BG2EE, when I do playthroughs, my mod setups always start with Tweaks, Dungeon Be Gone, Ascension, Item Revisions, and Spell Revisions. After that, I'd say it's really a matter of personal preference.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    edited November 2018
    If I may add, that instead of the rather jokish-like mod "Dungeon Be Gone" there is @argent77 's "Skip Chateau Irenicus" which offers a non-4th wall breaking, flexible and compatible way to skip Irenicus' Dungeon.
    Post edited by jastey on
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    @Aquadrizzt and @jastey

Thank you, I am new to this BWS thing and found that many selections can't be automatically installed and I am unsure how to work around them.
    Oh by the way, I am installing mods with the idea to approach this game like new, since i really have not much ideas what many of the mods do, so I am looking for gaming surprises (hopefully minus game crashes).
    By the way, anyone knows what a modded dwarf called Breagar is speaking what language? Is it Gernan or Polish or ....?
    edited November 2018
    Heh. It's German (and partly English). The mod is from Ascalon and its home is at the Kerzenburgforum.
    edited November 2018
    @jastey

Oh dear, i will have to figure out what this npc is talking about :s
    Too bad Imoen doesn't have Comprehend Language spell ....

On the brighter side, I chose Tactical installation, so now the game feels so much fresher ^^
    Feels like I just bought a new game ^^.
    Oh darn!! Everyone in my party speaks German except me :blush:
    Bubbles said:

Oh darn!! Everyone in my party speaks German except me :blush:

lol Online translator is your friend, I guess. :D
    Just realized one of the mob adjusted the xp downwards ....
    Mantis37