Skip to content

(First time SCS) should I turn on instant short duration spell for mage and priest?

WormkingWormking Member Posts: 60
Whats your though on this scs "smarter mage" feature? I just don't feel like it if all hostile mage and priest will always have same buff spell on them.
Blackraven

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    edited November 2018
    To my thinking that option is somewhat meant to compensate for the fact that the player can (usually) buff up and prep ahead of combat while the AI (usually) can't. So if you like prebuffing but also want things to feel "fair", there's some merit to this. I personally don't really buff up a lot except for some gimmicky cases like gaze protection for Aec'letec, so to me the option seems more like giving the AI an extra edge; so I don't use it.

That said, the difference isn't monumental. Even with this option disabled, the AI will still cast the longer-duration buffs anyhow, and generally add essential short-duration spells soon after.
    WormkingJuliusBorisovBlackraven
  • tedmann12tedmann12 Member Posts: 128
    I honestly would not turn it on. It becomes pretty ridiculously annoying dealing with every single average mage who is massively protected. I disable this feature but just put on smarter mages in general and that adds a significant bump in challenge as is.

First time I played scs I had this feature on and it became too much to deal with IMO.
    Wormking
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Yes, it's not a feature for the first SCS playthrough.

Once you get skilled against SCS, you can try it.

Now, when I know how it plays, I don't even buff up and prep ahead of combat, while in the same time have instant short duration spells for mages and priest enabled. It makes the game even more difficult.

But it took me years to get there.
    BlackravenWormkingOrlonKronsteen