Skip to content

Starting a Live Stream LP, what to play?

ctsnickyctsnicky Member Posts: 21
Hello community,

My name is CTSnicky and I've been waiting for this since it was first announced. I was a huge fan of the originals
and really looking forward to replaying it with a new feel (without mods?).

I will be streaming tonight starting around 8:00pm Eastern time (9:00pm Atlantic where I am) and looking for suggestions on what to roll! Feel free to let me know here in the discussion or join me at twitch.tv/ctsnicky . I'm normally on 10-15 minutes early to get things ready, so plenty of time to talk then too :).

Thanks in advance,

CTSnicky (Nicholas Couture)

-Edit-

Class
Race
Alignment
... that should be a good indicator of what direction to go
Post edited by ctsnicky on

Comments

• Greenman019Greenman019 Member Posts: 206
    Druid or Shapeshifter, bit more unique.
  • ctsnickyctsnicky Member Posts: 21
    Hmm, I've never really been a Druid before, usually play pure spell casters or warrior. Would certainly be a nice change of pace. Thinking NPC wise I'll be getting a druid, so would you suggest I go evil and take different NPCs? :)
  • Greenman019Greenman019 Member Posts: 206
    Well since it's an LP do something different to what you normally do to mix it up (I'm always a good mage, usually the same NPC's; Heck I even like and keep Khalid)

So evil if you're normally good, something a little different IMO would make it a better LP.
    It occurs to me that I should have made this a poll... oh well!
    Side note, general poll from office seems to be Rogue. I no longer trust the people I work with...
  • IntoTheDarknessIntoTheDarkness Member Posts: 118
    edited November 2012
    Assassin. Very unique battle style.
    Half-Elf
    Evil

where do you stream anyway? twitch?
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    It would be fun to see the Blackguard class in action.

Other than that I'd maybe suggest a Monk or Wild Mage, but I can foresee a playthrough with them being quite short on the first go.
    edited November 2012

Assassin. Very unique battle style.
    Half-Elf
    Evil

where do you stream anyway? twitch?

twitch.tv/ctsnicky

-edit-
    Friend reading over my shoulder agrees with assassin, as previously mentioned, I do not trust my co-workers anymore.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    Swashbuckler
    RedGuard said:

Other than that I'd maybe suggest a Monk or Wild Mage, but I can foresee a playthrough with them being quite short on the first go.

Wild mage sounds interesting.
    elminster said:

Swashbuckler

lol, I appreciate the suggestion but to me Swashbuckler suggests to much to do with water. Personally I have a fear of water and cannot swim and that tends to reflect in my characters as even in games water freaks me out.

I know it doesn't have too be that kind of Swashbuckler but that's just the way I see it.
  • DerDuKeDerDuKe Member Posts: 88
    Hey, that's cool. I will definitely tune in, especially for the character creation since I am a beginner myself and would like to get some basic ideas. Have fun, I am sure you will get many people on your stream.
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    @Quartz and I are playing as Avengers, come and join us!
    ctsnicky said:

RedGuard said:

Wild mage sounds interesting.
    Yeah, you could say 'interesting'. lol http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_you_live_in_interesting_times
  • AragnumAragnum Member Posts: 6
    Ill be watching from work sadly the game doesn't come out till 9AM +12hours, so ill be looking forward to what you have install for us.
    DerDuKe said:

Hey, that's cool. I will definitely tune in, especially for the character creation since I am a beginner myself and would like to get some basic ideas. Have fun, I am sure you will get many people on your stream.

Aragnum said:

Ill be watching from work sadly the game doesn't come out till 9AM +12hours, so ill be looking forward to what you have install for us.

Epic battles and grandiose adventures!
  • SuiboonSuiboon Member Posts: 86
    Halfling Wizard Slayer.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316

@Quartz and I are playing as Avengers, come and join us!

Do you each have a summon you are restricted members to using exclusively (brown bear, black bear, wolf, spider, salamander, Baby Wyvern)? lol. :p
    Suiboon said:

Halfling Wizard Slayer.

My favorite old halfling was Gungermiegher Twinkletoes, the halfling gangster with a half-orc body guard. He had a flint lock pistol and would shoot people in the kneecaps.
  • AragnumAragnum Member Posts: 6
    ctsnicky said:

Aragnum said:

Any idea yet on what you'll be playing as? how long also?
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    BARD! :P
    Aragnum said:

ctsnicky said:

Aragnum said:

Any idea yet on what you'll be playing as? how long also?
    The idea of this post is to find out what I'm playing :) So far I've gotten a ton of response from people around me to play rogue, assassin looks nice, and more and more evil alignment is being suggested as well, so ... maybe some form of stealthy spell casting evil mc frightning pants. Only race suggestions so far really are half-elf and halfling. I have no hatred for either however I should point out that I will never play a full elf. Personal tastes, I'm more of a dwarfy warrior, or halfling sneaky.

I'll play till I get tired, usually around 1-2am my time (Atlantic -4GMT) I sadly do have a day job and a 3 yr old.
    Elendar said:

BARD! :P

Love Bards! I played an evil one in a campaign once and dominated a small village within a week. Also my friend Cainer's personal favorite class. I will likely make a mulitplayer LP for youtube with him, so hopefully some bard action will be happening one way or another.
    edited November 2012
    Perhaps an evil bard (of whichever race you fancy)?

Edit: Ha, didn't see your post replying to Elendar. I was still typing this one.
    RedGuard said:

That's actually a very good possibility now the more I think about it... little bit of everything. I was reading some posts about Bard being kinda nerfed but that's not really going to deter me. I like a challenge.

Race wise... hmm, half-elf is a good possibility, let me know what you suggest.
  • LMTR14LMTR14 Member Posts: 165
    important things: will you put it on youtube? and is it reload only on dying?

if both are yes, I'll watch it.
    LMTR14 said:

important things: will you put it on youtube? and is it reload only on dying?

if both are yes, I'll watch it.

I'll be doing a separate set of videos for YouTube, likely multiplayer. I hadn't consider the reloading only on dying, that's a good idea.
    ctsnicky said:

RedGuard said:

That's actually a very good possibility now the more I think about it... little bit of everything. I was reading some posts about Bard being kinda nerfed but that's not really going to deter me. I like a challenge.

Race wise... hmm, half-elf is a good possibility, let me know what you suggest.
    I usually play as a human of some sort in most cases, so that feels a bit 'vanilla' to me. Half-elf seems interesting enough (though it's a shame more races can't be bards).
    RedGuard said:

ctsnicky said:

RedGuard said:

I usually play as a human of some sort in most cases, so that feels a bit 'vanilla' to me. Half-elf seems interesting enough (though it's a shame more races can't be bards).

I've seen so much OP human play in 3.5, seeing them in action in an older system might be nice.