Skip to content

The city of Baldur's Gate

In the original version it was a pain in the arse to move between the different parts of the city. Has this been addressed in BGEE?

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    edited November 2012
    Define "pain in the arse". You still have to travel to them, if that's what you're asking.

Personally I kind of wish that the whole city were one "area", instead of nine.

--Oh my gosh, that's something I didn't think of until just now.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    nope. intact. Gives that big city feeling of constantly getting lost though.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited November 2012
    deltago said:

nope. intact. Gives that big city feeling of constantly getting lost though.

Which is what I like about it. There is lots to do and plenty of buildings. Plus even merchants who on occassion have been known to sell, well, a variety of goods on the quality front shall we say.
    My problem with it was always the having to travel between maps. If it could be merged into a single giant area, that would be ideal for me (the maps already overlap; it's just a matter of making it work).
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Well, I don't know how much it will help you, but the load times are blink-fast (they say; they=Beta people). If so, that will reduce the disorientation.