Skip to content

DoD Soundtrack query

I was doing a little research when I stumbled across what is apparently an oversight on the BD store page here. So I clicked on the expand button for the digital deluxe bundle. Doing so I saw that the DoD soundtrack is included. This was surprising to me for two reasons. One I thought that the DD was deprecated. Two I upgraded to the DD a while ago and yet according to the BD client I am supposed to pay for that soundtrack. While I did upgrade to the DD after I bought DoD surely that shouldn't make a difference. Also if this is a different digital deluxe then giving it the same name as the previous DD is something less than helpful. So what is going on here?

TR

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    The price of the Digital Deluxe was increased to include DoD and its soundtrack. Still, the DD is not a season pass, and any new DLC should be bought separately.

So you bought DoD before the DD included it. This is what can explain this situation.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    Thanks @JuliusBorisov. I was just curious. Having cleared that up and at $2.99 plus whatever paypal adds to it, I went ahead and bought it.

TR
    JuliusBorisov
  • Grizzled_DwarflordGrizzled_Dwarflord Member Posts: 168
    I have a follow up question if I may: Does the purchase of DoD also mean that the music can be included as a builder resource? Does buying the music itself mean it can be used as a builder resource?
  • GrymlordeGrymlorde Member Posts: 121
    edited December 2018
    @Grizzled_Dwarflord - If you want to post any of the DoD music or other assets, you have to take them from the 2006 version found here. We don't have permission to repost or reuse any of the new or remastered assets except in offline personal modules. FYI, Project Q already includes most of the 2006 DoD assets as well as lots of fantastic tilesets and creature skins. I highly recommend building with Project Q.
    edited December 2018
    Grymlorde said:

@Grizzled_Dwarflord FYI, Project Q already includes most of the 2006 DoD assets as well as lots of fantastic tilesets and creature skins. I highly recommend building with Project Q.

Thank ye, but it's probably a bit late to build a module with Project Q after it's been nards deep in CEP 2.65 for the last 15 years. If it were a new module, then yes. Still, I'm sure there's a way, and it would most likely involve a myriad of 2da editing, which isn't the worst thing, but I flinch at trying to make the two compatible.

I wonder why DoD has to be the exception? Or is it the new rule? Any new DLC that one buys, that content is not allowed as a builder resource, unless you also purchase it as a builder resource. I believe in paying people for their work, I just don't think it's fair to have the that price twice.
  • GrymlordeGrymlorde Member Posts: 121
    DoD is not the exception. None of the content in any of the premium modules (or portraits, soundtrack, etc.) can be redistributed. I suspect this is because unlike the expansions, that premium content could be used by people who haven't paid for it. I don't think it's a new rule, but I don't work for BD so all of this is just my understanding.
    Yes, I see that. I guess I was referring to all of the content that was in WCoC and Infinite Dungeons, Pirates of the Sword Coast, et al. All of those assets are part of the core game as far as building resources go. I just don't understand why the other new DLC content can't be a part of that.
  • Shia_LuckShia_Luck Member Posts: 39
    This is a very interesting question.
    Grymlorde said:

DoD is not the exception. None of the content in any of the premium modules (or portraits, soundtrack, etc.) can be redistributed. ..., but I don't work for BD so all of this is just my understanding.

Could you link to a source for this please? I find it very worrying if you are saying that EE resources cannot be used by builders without special permission. (perhaps I misunderstad?)

Have fun :)