Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

My HoF party is doing great!

I’m playing HoF mode from the start

Human fighter 3 > druid (scimitar/sling)
Human fighter 3 > cleric (flail/sling)
Human swashbuckler 5 > fighter (longbow/dual long swords)
Half orc berserker (axes/bastard swords eventually dual wield)
Elf sorcerer
Half elf skald

The only things I might change if I could do it over would be getting that cleric to fighter 7 before dual classing, and giving that berserker hammer proficiency instead of bastard swords.

It’s a lot of fun, it’s very challenging at times.

Gusindabrunardo

Comments

• AerichAerich Member Posts: 70
    Good, good. I'm glad you're still playing the game and enjoying it.

I know the rationale for low level dualclasses, but I tend to prefer higher dcs for HoF -> better Thaco, more weapons points, better HP, traded for later spell access, and it looks like you agree with me. I certainly would have dualed one divine caster later, probably the cleric, and made the other a mc. I definitely agree with giving every melee character a blunt weapon early, because the Vale is so inefficient otherwise.

• KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 740
    Aerich said:

I know the rationale for low level dualclasses, but I tend to prefer higher dcs for HoF -> better Thaco, more weapons points, better HP, traded for later spell access, and it looks like you agree with me. I certainly would have dualed one divine caster later, probably the cleric, and made the other a mc. I definitely agree with giving every melee character a blunt weapon early, because the Vale is so inefficient otherwise.

The rationale for low level dualclasses is to get access to your spells faster (on the fighter > cleric/druid characters). Summons are amazing and you want them fast.

The rationale on the low level swashbuckler > fighter dual class is gaining the only thief skills you *need* and then having an amazing archer.

THAC0 doesn’t matter too much in this game. As dual classed fighters, they’re all getting grandmastery in their weapons. I’ve yet to have a problem hitting things.

All that being said, I actually exported these characters at 0 XP, and I’m giving it a go from the beginning, with intent of letting the cleric dual class at level 7. You still need one divine caster for healing early, and that’s my druid. I look forward to the extra HP and 1/2 extra attacks with my cleric, especially after he equips that fast flail!

I also replaced my half orc berserker with a half orc berserker proficient in axes and hammers. He’ll be much more effective against skeletal undead this go-round.

I’ve just dual classed the cleric in my game, and I’m wrapping up the Kuldahar Pass.

This game is great!!

• AerichAerich Member Posts: 70
    Klorox said:

Aerich said:

The rationale for low level dualclasses is to get access to your spells faster (on the fighter > cleric/druid characters). Summons are amazing and you want them fast.

The rationale on the low level swashbuckler > fighter dual class is gaining the only thief skills you *need* and then having an amazing archer.

THAC0 doesn’t matter too much in this game. As dual classed fighters, they’re all getting grandmastery in their weapons. I’ve yet to have a problem hitting things.

All that being said, I actually exported these characters at 0 XP, and I’m giving it a go from the beginning, with intent of letting the cleric dual class at level 7. You still need one divine caster for healing early, and that’s my druid. I look forward to the extra HP and 1/2 extra attacks with my cleric, especially after he equips that fast flail!

I also replaced my half orc berserker with a half orc berserker proficient in axes and hammers. He’ll be much more effective against skeletal undead this go-round.

I’ve just dual classed the cleric in my game, and I’m wrapping up the Kuldahar Pass.

This game is great!!
    I agree that at least one character with early access to summons is a near-necessity to avoid a lot of running and shooting, I just prefer to limit the concessions I make for easier gameplay early on vs. later-game power. One dc at lvl 7 or 9 barely causes a blip on HoF mode, so I don't see the need for two low-level fighter-to-caster dcs.

I completely agree with the swashbuckler>fighter dc, and I didn't actually mean to critique that character.

Klorox