Skip to content

Issues with CD Keys

Hello,

I bought a version of this game on BeamDog after already having this on steam. I want to be able to run multiple accounts at once when online. It seems like the Beamdog version and steam version are using the same CD key though as when I login to an online server in one it tells me the CD key is in use on the other can this be fixed please otherwise I just wanted $20 just to get a second CD key that I didn't even get.

Thanks,

Mav

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Can you remove a cdkey.ini (located in the NWN folder in Documents) so that the game could create it again (or you can open the cdkey.ini file and enter there the CD Key you can see under your account on Beamdog.com in the Keys section)?

You installed NWN:EE from Beamdog on the same PC you previously had played NWN:EE from Steam - this is why it's using your CD Key from the Steam version.
  • jonesr65jonesr65 Member Posts: 66
    I was having the same problem and by deleting the cdkey.ini file fixed for me. @JuliusBorisov love the Santa beard wished mine grew that fast.
    JuliusBorisov