Skip to content

Thankyou, Overhaul games and Beamdog!

With only thirty-five minutes or so to go before we finally get to 'go for the eyes' and try to avoid stepping in evil, I thought it was only right that we should extend our heartiest thanks to the people who made this possible:

My deepest gratitude goes out to the great Gary Gygax whose creation we have all been touched by, the original Black Isle team, to Atari, to Overhaul Games for doing the hard work to make this dream live again, to Beamdog for allowing us to enjoy the hours of hard work you've all put into it, and, of course, to the community that has kept this classic alive for thirteen long years, through modding, through playing, through exchanging stories and posting videos, thank you from the bottom of my heart to each and every one of you.

Without you, this game wouldn't have happened again.

Thank you for bringing the sun back over the horizon and giving us a few megabytes down memory lane.

Thank you all.

-James Beil

Comments

• M9ikeM9ike Member Posts: 13
    I second that! Although I am planning to step into evil this time...
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    amen, and ty for your future work, and for making me feel excited about a game before it's even been released again. It's been a long time sice i cared this much :P
  • AenorAenor Member Posts: 64
    I'm as pumped for this game as any of you but let's just wait a little bit longer until we've got the opportunity to actually PLAY it.
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    M9ike said:

I second that! Although I am planning to step into evil this time...

If I had a pound for every time I had to scrape evil off my shoe. :P
  • AscerionAscerion Member Posts: 271
    Welcome to the forums! Very insightful post.

I would like to add my thanks as well.
  • Medivh1234Medivh1234 Member Posts: 95
    Am a bit afraid really, Gamespy gave it a thumbs down :\
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    We need a definitive answer for what the name of the company is. I'm pretty sure it's called Overhaul, and beamdog is just the name of the games client
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    ajwz said:

We need a definitive answer for what the name of the company is. I'm pretty sure it's called Overhaul, and beamdog is just the name of the games client

© 2012 Overhaul Games, a divison of Beamdog. All Rights Reserved

You got your answer ;-)

• TristisOrisTristisOris Member Posts: 7
    i love u!
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    Like how WOTC is a division of Hasbro? Hmm...
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667

Links?

• Medivh1234Medivh1234 Member Posts: 95
    Coriander said:

Links?

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition/1226769p1.html

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Coriander said:

Links?

EA probably told them to give it a thumbs down. Read the review, it is mostly positive but it is just saying all the new features don't add up to $20. Go buy it at GOG instead.

Reviews like this are short sighted. It may not be worth $20 now, but after a new modding community gets their grubby little hands on it, it'll be a bargain.
  • OlebrumgrevenOlebrumgreven Member Posts: 2
    I'm trowing my voice in the choir, and shout out my tnx as well.
    I'm gonna send a lot of warm thoughts to the team at overhaul when I step around in the forgotten realm the next few weeks :)
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847

You could learn something from this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuJxrTQh5Zs
  • VhailorVhailor Member Posts: 12
    Woot! I'm playing Baldur's Gate again! Thank You!
  • hummer010hummer010 Member Posts: 95
    Thank You! It looks great, and it plays great so far. I'm not too far in, but I've really enjoyed myself. I couldn't decide between a fighter / illusionist or a blade, and then in true Baldurs Gate fashion, I wound up running an elven swashbuckler!
  • VhailorVhailor Member Posts: 12
    hummer010 said:

Thank You! It looks great, and it plays great so far. I'm not too far in, but I've really enjoyed myself. I couldn't decide between a fighter / illusionist or a blade, and then in true Baldurs Gate fashion, I wound up running an elven swashbuckler!

Wow! Same here!