Skip to content

NWN Digital Deluxe keeps downloading

DwayneDwayne Member Posts: 102
I deleted the folder for the deluxe version since you are no longer supporting it and I have downloaded the regular version. Everything is fine until I exit and relaunch the Beamdog Client. It automatically keeps downloading the deluxe version. I also then have to re-download all the items that are now separate from the deluxe version. They seem to disappear when the deluxe version is re-downloaded. This change is just a mess.

Comments

• DwayneDwayne Member Posts: 102
    I also have tried deleting everything and all it does is download both the deluxe and retail copies at the same time.
    I think I fixed it. I reinstalled the Beamdog Client and the constant downloading has stopped.
  • VivienneLVivienneL Member Posts: 52
    edited December 2018
    I'm having the same problem. How did you reinstall the Beamdog Client? Did you just re-download the client?
    I just re-downloaded it and installed it over the copy already installed. You can then delete the nwn deluxe folder and when it wants to repair it just say no or cancel to the repair.
    Also it will still download copies of the premium modules and other items to both the empty nwn deluxe and retail folders. Just delete the contents of the nwn deluxe folder #00839 (I think this is the right folder) and don't allow repair of the modules unless there is an update to them. No matter what you do the BD Client will re-create the folder 00839 for the deluxe version. Just delete the contents and cancel repairs.
  • VivienneLVivienneL Member Posts: 52
    edited December 2018
    Thank you. I'll try that. :)
    I have re-downloaded the client and will stop using the digital deluxe and digital deluxe development buttons and it does seem to be fixed. Thank you.
    Post edited by VivienneL on
    I hope it works for you.
    Now it has started doing this again. Since Beamdog created this mess are you going to do anything to fix it?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Hello, @Dwayne. Please create a report at support.baldursgate.com, and our QA will help you.