Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

BGEE on Android crashes when I open map

MyNinjaPenguinMyNinjaPenguin Member Posts: 2
edited December 2018 in Troubleshooting
Hi there, I recently got a new tablet partly in order to play Beamdog's games on (I own all Beamdog games on Android, so definitely a paying customer). I had played Baldur's Gate a bit on my older, much worse tablet about a year ago and was loving it. However, after that tablet broke and before I got my new one, several patches hit the Infinity Engine games. To my dismay, when I loaded BGEE up on my tablet I discovered that thanks to changes in the way the area map works, it not only takes forever to pull up the map even in a small area, but when I attempt to do so in a decently large area, the game simply crashes back to my home screen.

I assume the other Infinity Engine games will do the same thing. It makes me very sad that on a system that would run the old versions just fine, I can't play them properly because of features that should have been optional. If this can't be fixed, is it at all possible to go back to an older version of the games? It would be worth it to have a working map.

Game Version: 2.5.17.0

Device Model: Lenovo Moto Tab (TB-X704A)
Operating System: Android 7.1.1
CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 625
GPU: Qualcomm Adreno 506
System RAM: 2GB

Post edited by MyNinjaPenguin on

Comments