Skip to content

Need Help Modding/Editing Android

GafonejoGafonejo Member Posts: 1
edited December 2018 in General Modding
All I want to do right now is give a character more proficiency points. I've spent way too much time trying to figure this out. I thought I was about to finally get EEkeeper to work but now it crashes when I select a save. I was looking into the android thread and I feel like the information could be somewhere in there but there's so much stuff to go through and people with unresolved problems I'm wary.. I've looked into hexadecimal editing but it seems too complicated for adding pips to proficiencies I don't already have.

I'm new to Baldur's Gate and I don't want to worry about what weapons I should have become more proficient in. Ideally, I would like all of my weapon proficiencies to be the same as I level up (e.g., I put a third pip into longswords, and now I have 3 all other weapon types). If it's easier, then getting 6 pips each time a pip is normally earned would be nice. Or whatever simple solution that doesn't break the game that allows me to play in a similar way.

If I knew this was going to take as long as it has, I would have just started playing already. Now that I've already sunk in the time, I want to solve this problem.

So, if there's anyone out there that can help me out, it would be very much appreciated.

Maybe someone who has used eekeeper with the newest version of bgee?

I'm a noob at this stuff so I'll need some detailed instructions probably..

Can I give someone a file to edit?
Post edited by Gafonejo on

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @Gafonejo, welcome to the forum.

This is something I put together 'last year' and is aimed at BG2EE but you can also set it up the same way for BG1EE\BGSOD\IWDEE\PSTEE by changing the name of the fodlers etc. You will need to change to suit your folder structure etc.

You need to setup the Android modding area first which is the first part of the document, ignore anything to do with modding (if you aren't going down that route, also ignore anything to do with removing the dialog.tlk from the patch.obb, there is a differnet way to do that now), then go to the last part of the document and setup EEKeeper.

If you are using 1.0.4.0 and it is crashing, then use 1.0.3.6. There is a prob with the .4.0.

The other way is to use NearInfinity. You still have to setup the modding area, copy NI into the root of the game folder (you also need to have Java Runtime installed), run it and open the saved game.

Let me know if you have any problems and I could walk things through with you.
    Gus