Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Why Irenicus doesn't die in final fight?

Irenicus doesn't die and even no movement at all in the final fight, no mater how long and how much I had hit him. His status just stays "almost die". I think it's a bug. Can this be fixed?

Comments

• ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 964
    It seems like for some reason his death cutscene does not trigger. I had the same problem few times, and reloading helped.

JuliusBorisov
  • Cyruschen0112Cyruschen0112 Member Posts: 51
    Okay, maybe I can try it again in another play。Actually last time finally I made the wizard transfer to illithid by using lever 9 magic to draw hisintelligence Finally he died, but no ending come up, the story stayed no moving, then I closed the game.

• SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 784
    All the bosses share this issue. They need to move around at minimum health for the script to trigger. If you keep hitting them in place the sequence won't fire even if it should.

Never use INT drain to kill important enemies. it'll just break the game constantly

semiticgodJuliusBorisovThacoBellgorgonzola
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 1,776

All the bosses share this issue. They need to move around at minimum health for the script to trigger. If you keep hitting them in place the sequence won't fire even if it should.

Part of the problem is that some of the bosses (including Irenicus in hell) regenerate, so even if you reduce them to 1 HP, which should trigger their death cutscene, it doesn't, because they quickly regenerate back out of the death cutscene HP range.

semiticgodSirBatinceJuliusBorisovThacoBell
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 368
    edited January 12
    The OP's issue is sometimes due to poor player strategy and sometimes due to an actual bug.

Poor strategy - Some players cower in the corner of the map while sending summons to handle the final fight. Because the enemies regenerate, you can dish out tens of thousands in damage without actually winning, leading players to (wrongly) conclude they must be experiencing a glitch.

Bug - Many BG2 cutscenes fail to trigger from time to time. Reasons vary by cutscene but this one seems to fail more often than most as @SirBatince stated. A quick reload usually takes care of the problem.

Post edited by jsaving on
    JuliusBorisovThacoBell
  • thiefthief Member Posts: 35
    Sometimes the cutscene won't trigger if you have ridiculously high damage output per round. I once hit him for like 2000+ HP in a short span and had to reload... next time I slowed down a bit and cutscene worked. It was vanilla BG2.