Skip to content

Anybody else having problems?

Hi! I just get the nice Windows box "Baldur.exe has encountered a problem and must be closed". Do you wish to mail Microsoft, yada yada". I have updated my Antivirus AND excluded the whole BGEE directory. Any idea besides blowing up Microsoft? /J

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    I was having a problem where after character creation (or the intro video depending on if I was entering the black pits/tutorial or if it was the main game) my game would crash with a similar message. I used the standalone installer for downloading, so what I did was I moved the Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition folder from "C:/Program Files (x86)/Baldurs gate enhanced edition" (which may or may not be the default folder for the stand alone installer) to C:/ and now it works. Not sure if that will help your problem. It may not.
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    Nope, I put it in G:/BGEE. Thanks for trying though!
  • MattShameimaruMattShameimaru Member Posts: 8
    Same problem, above solution didn't work for me.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    Damn too bad :(
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Blow up Microso, oh, wait.

Does the error give you any other details? (i.e. similar to this person's post).
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    Yes, I've seen that post. If I choose to send a report to Microsoft it's a hell of a lot of information... (approx the same shit).
  • MattShameimaruMattShameimaru Member Posts: 8
    I was already trying compatibility and running as admin. Nothing works for me. FML.
  • ManybadgersManybadgers Member Posts: 9
    My screen flickers extremely fast :(
  • PhysicsdummyPhysicsdummy Member Posts: 18

Same thing here, and the game also crashes every time I hit quit.
  • ManybadgersManybadgers Member Posts: 9

Same thing here, and the game also crashes every time I hit quit.
    Found a solution to my problem
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/7442/any-menu-button-hit-makes-screen-constantly-flash-to-previous-menu-and-back#latest
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    MrSexton said:

Yes, I've seen that post. If I choose to send a report to Microsoft it's a hell of a lot of information... (approx the same shit).

Don't bother sending it to Microsoft. Copy and paste it here if you're going to do anything.

Can I ask, are you using onboard graphics or a graphics card (by 'onboard,' I also mean using a notebook/laptop that doesn't have integrated nVidia or ATI graphics)?