Skip to content

Help with load order for these mods

gohanf22gohanf22 Member Posts: 99
Ok so I need help with a load order first with Baldur's Gate EE pls. These are the mods I will want to try to install:

Accalons Quest Pack
Ajantis for BG1
BG1 NPC Project
BG1 Romantic Encounters
BG Quest Pack
Tweaks Anthology
Cross Mod Banter
Faiths and Powers
LeUI
Might and Guile
Neera Expansion
Sirene NPC
Song and Silence
SCS
Sword and Fist
More Styles for Mages
Animal Companions
BG1 Unfinished Business
Neera Banters
Northern Tales of the Sword Coast
BG Weapon Pack
BG Armor Pack
Diedre and Joluv for BG1

Would also like to know the name of the mod that adds a bigger world map and more areas to explore if that one is still around. Again please reply if anyone knows the right load order for this. Using the Project Infinity mod manager but I am not knowledgeable about load orders. Also if there is like more quest mods I am forgetting please tell me. More the merrier so I have more to do.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • gohanf22gohanf22 Member Posts: 99
    edited February 2019
    See here for an order that worked well for me:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/72936/share-your-weidu-log

You can pretty easily plug in some of your stuff that is isn't on my list:
    - RE can go in with the quest mods, pretty early I think
    - Song & Silence/Sword & Fist can go before Might & Guile
    - item/store mods should go before Item Rev, I think
    - LeUI can go last

Only one I'm not sure about is Animal Companions.

Animal Companions would count as npcs I think so with other NPC mods?

EDIT: Also @subtledoctor do you know the mod that adds the bigger map with more areas?

EDIT: And do you know where the npc mod is for Braegar?
    edited February 2019
    Ok @subtledoctor I am trying to follow your load order with the mods I want and the load order is NOT working. Most of the mods have already got errors installing or either they skipped them entirely cause they are not in the right order. So can someone please tell me which order these need to be in plz. No offense @subtledoctor but other load orders maybe different compared to yours.

EDIT: Pay no mind to that @subtledoctor I am an idiot. I forgot to install mod merge before installing the mods. Reason why they got errors or most didnt install. I am an idiot.
    gohanf22 wrote: »
    Most of the mods have already got errors installing or either they skipped them entirely cause they are not in the right order.

Just for future reference, this kind of thing would never result from a 'bad' install order.

Oh I had no idea. See I'm so used to other games like this happening I thought thats what it meant. Thank you for the information @subtledoctor . Again, I apologize for that last post cause I am an idiot that I forgot to install the mod merge before installing my mods. Lol.
    Quick question: does strategems take awhile to install? Cause its still trying to install my mods and its mainly strategems atm.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited February 2019
    Quick question: does strategems take awhile to install? Cause its still trying to install my mods and its mainly strategems atm.

Yes. Last time I installed SCS I ordered a pizza, got it delivered, ate it and just then the mod installed.
    Raduziel wrote: »

Yes. Last time I installed SCS I ordered a pizza, got it delivered, ate it and just then the mod installed.

Ok good. I just have to be patient I guess.
    And my install of mods is STILL not yet finished. Still on strategems yet.
    It was a nice pizza. Maybe I had some wine too.
    It was a nice pizza. Maybe I had some wine too.

Lol.
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    Yes, v32 is still a beta-testing candidate. It’s pretty stable but the official release is still v31.
    Are you using SCS v30, or v31, or v32? Anything before 32 can take several hours. v32 installs in like ~30-45 minutes. (But it's working out some bugs at the moment, so... might be better off with v31 and a good amount if patience.)

Yeah its v31 I think. I've been on strategems for the past 2 days installing this. Only thing left after this is atweaks and my ui mod and it should be done. Just taking forever on strategems.
    Day 3 of strategems still installing. ><

Ok, I never had more than 6h installing.

@DavidW is this behavior something to be expected?
    edited February 2019

Ok, I never had more than 6h installing.

@DavidW is this behavior something to be expected?

Yeah this is actually worrying me that I may have to restart this all over and actually NOT install strategems at all.

EDIT: Screw it. Uninstalling all weidu and redoing without strategems. I either did something wrong in the load order or its just not going to work in my favor for that mod.

EDIT: Strategems was not intsalling right on my computer. It did like more than one install of itself for some odd reason. Why it was still on day 3 for installing.
    @gohanf22 if you don't mind starting your install over, I might be able to point you to a version of SCSv31 that will install in about an hour. I'll look for it tonight.

Dont worry about it. It's not like its a deal breaker for me. Ill just reinstall without it on.
    edited February 2019
    Shame really. I always like a challenge and to make my games more challenging to do. :(.
    edited February 2019
    I posted my issue on the Project infinity thread to see if Alien may know if it might be a mod manager issue. Cause it was only doing this with strategems. Like all the other mods installed very quickly, but when it got to SCS, it just installed, installed, installed over and over again the same files like I bet I had like 3 copies of all files so far in that folder alone.

EDIT: Or it just installed the same files over and over while overwriting the previous SCS install so it was stuck in a loop.
    edited February 2019
    Dont worry about it. It's not like its a deal breaker for me. Ill just reinstall without it on.

It should be a dealbreaker. :wink: These games kind of aren't worth playing without SCS
    I when it got to SCS, it just installed, installed, installed over and over again the same files like I bet I had like 3 copies of all files so far in that folder alone.

There's a big difference between installing SCS for a long time vs. installing SCS "over and over."

Best thing to try is to simply install SCS manually after Project Infinity is done with all the other mods. If it's a lot faster, then 1) we'll know it's a PI issue; and 2) you'll have SCS installed :smiley:

How would I install it manually? Like normally installing a mod through its installer?

EDIT: Wouldn't installing SCS after PI installs all other mods probably break the game?
    Well we have some good news on the SCS side of things. I am installing it SEPARATE from the PI mod load order and it is installing it the right way and not looping, SO I do believe PI has issues trying to install TWEAK mods such as CDTweaks, SCS and maybe even atweaks. I didn't test atweaks cause in PI it never got to atweaks cause of the SCS loop. I will post on Alien's thread that this is an issue.
    How would I install it manually? Like normally installing a mod through its installer?

Seems you fogured this out, but for the sake of posterity: move the "stratagems" folder and "setup-stratagems.exe" into your game directory, and run setup-stratagems.exe.
    EDIT: Wouldn't installing SCS after PI installs all other mods probably break the game?
    Almost certainly not. A very few mods are designed ti be installed after SCS, like aTweaks... but the issues from reversing them are like to be very minor.
    I do believe PI has issues trying to install TWEAK mods

The type of mod doesn't matter for PI. The issue is something else.

Gotcha. :)
    I'm still having issues with SCS. It's installing faster but this time it just stalled. Don't know how to make this mod work.
    I've dumbed down my load order. I noticed there were things I wasn't even interested in even having. Going to try to install SCS again manually to see if it will not stall again. I hope it don't but if it does I will have to uninstall SCS again.