Skip to content

City area art

2»

Comments

• LurenLuren Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2019
    does anybody knows if it´s possible to copy all wall polygons from one WED to another?

You can do this with DLTCEP, in the "Edit Polygon" window (Load area -> Edit Wed -> Wallgroup -> Edit polygon). It's possible to load and/or save a polygon, but you'll have to do this for all of the polygons of your map if this is what you want to do. This function is especially useful for polygons that define objects like crates, chests, doors... which are in many maps, and it is nice to avoid a waste of time.
  • kiskikiski Member Posts: 40
    @Luren Thanks, but I´m aware of this in DLTCEP. I was looking for mass copy. You know, I have 207 wall polys in area, so to copy them one by one would be a big PITA...
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    edited March 2019
    A few months ago, I wrote a WeiDU routine for another modder to copy-paste existing polygons inside a map. I can look if I might adapt it. But it will take time.
    Post edited by Gwendolyne on
    @Gwendolyne That would be great, if you´ll succeed in it. I bet others will find it useful, too.
    Give me one or two templates to test my coding (I mean only the area names) with creating wed clones.
    Not quite sure what do you mean..
    I guess you want to copy the polygons from ARnnn to ARpppp. For my testings, it would be better to start from the map ARnnn you want to clone.
    Guess that doesn´t really matter. Just pick one from original game and clone WED to one with same name, instead put a C letter instead of last area name character. E.g. AR300 to AR030C.
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    Wow these look gorgeous! There is a Crimmor module for NWN2 with some subtle references to SoA; it'd be fascinating to explore that city in BG.
  • AciferAcifer Member Posts: 153
    edited June 2019
    Your artwork looks amazing. It’s really some of the best area artworks for the IE I’ve seen so far.
    And it seems you‘ve used some original textures to make the areas look like the ingame-areas- which is great! It has to be a huge amount of work to create so good-looking graphics where all textures and models fit together so well.
    The areas share a more „northern“ look than the more South European looking Areas in Amn, mainly because of the rougher/darker masonry. This would perfectly match with a more northerly place in the Western Heartlands- in BG1 or SoD the city of Scornubel for example. I could imagine a module featuring this new city using your area-artwork in the first part of the BG-Saga, not only in Amn. Or a new city in Siege of Dragonspear, which acts as a link and a stable place between the various chapters.

On the other hand - the large (temple?) building would do very well to represent Moonhall, the missing temple of Selûne in the Wave District of Athkatla. With some refinements, this area would feature that place really well and add a new starting point for new adventures in our well-known city of coins.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JarlJarl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 100
    edited April 4
    Hi all! Hi Valiant/kiski!

the indoor-areas were made by me back in 2012/13 for Valiant's project on bringing the city of Crimmor to BG2. Unfortunately it never came close to a release. The indoor-areas were directly related to the lore from "Lands of Intrigue".

Here some clearification, what was actually planned:
    lh3hibxl0fxw.png

71yprcbu28qu.png

The image of the cellar, kiski posted above, belongs to the inn/tavern "Tymoran Trails". Here's what i already had finished for the 1. and 2. floor:

3rsz9lx22wmc.png

kjg3emrcfdlq.png

As you can see, the second floor area isn't completely finished yet.

These areas were meant to be "Melpurth House" (boarding house).

ptljfk516cjo.jpg

9ofaz9bnnnro.jpg

If anyone is interested in my works, just contact me. They are free to use!

Jarl