Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

[v1.60] Emily, a Half-Elf* Archer for BG:EE + SoD and EET

1235»

Comments

• kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,346
    For the X3milyBookTalk global variable I get "does not exist"
    The other two variables give the correct value.
    I'll keep playing and let you know if and when the next talk shows up :)

• SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 580
    Great! If Global("X3milyHour","GLOBAL") is at 1, you are on track and just need to wait for a timer to expire.

Damn - I've restarted the game (well building a new group but still with Emily). I've fixed my PC hassles, but my brain is still a bit muddled after a bad patch with my health, and I've forgotten where to find Emily .... help?

Emily is by the Feldpost Inn, in Beregost.

I've just won the battle of the Coast Way crossing and spoken to Caelar, but no Emily. I've looked by the bridge and at the camp with no result. I used area effect spells to win the battle - have I accidentally killed her?

edited August 2
    @kiwidoc

Did this global get set to 1? Global("X32Hunterspawn","GLOBAL")
    And is BD Plot greater than 169? Global("bd_plot","global")

Then on the same map, a spawn should appear around these coordinates: 2632.1516.

If you already had that encounter, then next troubleshooting wise is to make sure this global is not -1: Global("X32milyInBG1","GLOBAL")

If all looks good:

You can manually fire the spawn script by setting Global("X32ECutSceneStart","GLOBAL",1)

Hangs head in shame
    I talked to the Planar Hunters instead of avoiding them, and shge showed up

I didn't read the first page throroughly :*

edited August 6
    Emily is now at 1.59
    -Party banters now compatible for EET.
    -Probably some undocumented fixes.

Side Note: Emily is the closest to completion of all of my BG2 in progress mods. If I get really behind, I may just release her portions alone for testing in August.

Fina92Necromanx2
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,189
    edited August 28
    Hi @Skitia, I ran into another dialog bug. See top dialog option in screen shot. I am seeing that line in the Book dialogs that Emily does. Please note that I did not update yet as I want to finish my game first.
    EDIT: Sorry, I am using latest version for this mod.
    EDIT: One more thing. I spoke to the inn keeper at the Blade and Stars and he told me where to go look, but my Journal entry did not update. I already got the book for Emily, but my journal still says I need to speak to a person in the Blade and Stars.
    090mfunxrs6g.png
    [spoiler/]

Post edited by Necromanx2 on
    edited August 28
    Thanks for the catch, I updated this and fixed some other things:

1.60:
    -A few different lines assigned to the wrong area fixed.
    -Spelling Fixes.
    -Journal Entry added to help with quest progress.
    -Fixed issue where talk with innkeeper would not appear at all.

Necromanx2Gusinda
    Hi @Skitia,
    I have been getting Emily is unaffected by cure spell messages. I cast cure light wounds and cure moderate wounds (I have IWDifications installed) to heal her and she is unaffected. Does she have some spell resistance that is not showing? I am at the end of BGEE and she has revealed her true race.

edited August 30
    She has an innate 10%, @Necromanx2, reason below under spoiler:
    This is to match Caelar's innate 10% (Her other resistance numbers are halved for balance and because Caelar 's aasimar blood is far more potent IMO).

I'm guessing the IWDifications have cure spells hurt undead or something? I don't see why it would need to check spell resistance. Does it not work against Viconia too?

Yes, I believe cure spells hurt undead. I don't have Viconia in my party to check against. I had 4 cure spells in a row fail to affect Emily (sadly a raft of bad rolls is not uncommon in the BG games and could be the cause). Brawen had the cloak of Balduron on (25% magic resistance) and I did not see her failing to be impacted. I guess i'll stick to using positions to heal Emily.

Just finished BGEE (starting SoD) and Emily was great! I really liked having her in my party! I did have AionZ kitpact installed and was using the fighter Arcane Archer kit. Only feedback I have now is her quest finish was very ant-climatic. Would have been nice if there was a follow-on item given what she learned.

Great work on Emily and Vienxey!!

edited August 30
    Thanks for the feedback! I'll keep it in mind when I go back and do any future revisions, it's a good idea to work with. I think Emily’s quest was my first attempt at one ever, and it lacks a clear finale like the others have.

Post edited by Skitia on
    Hi @Skitia ,
    Where can I find Emily in SoD?

edited October 11
    @Necromanx2 In Chapter 8, after talking to Caelar and on the return back to camp, a short interruption will happen on your way. She'll approach the party after said event.

Necromanx2
    1.61 is a minor bugfix:
    -Fixed a situation where xp was lost upon rejoining the party in SoD.