Skip to content

android after patch resolution problem

game was working 100% perfect until this last update..now my screen looks liek its 800x700 all pixelated and blurry, nothign liek looking like it was 1900x1200 before. clicking hte scale user UI or whatever otion does nothing 8( game is unplayable like this for me. Ps i have a galaxy tab s4 so the resoultion 100% should look like normal. no idea whats going on.

Comments

• BeF1990BeF1990 Member Posts: 14
    Yes I have the same device and I have exactly the same problem. Waiting almost year for update, I tried to contact with support (email) but I didn't get any answer.

And now I see no one can response here in this topic. Beamdog's support is as poor as BGEE for Android. :(
  • beef623beef623 Member Posts: 1
    I'm experiencing a similar issue, but I also can only see the bottom left quarter of the screen.

6gmthh174yht.png
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    What is your OS?
    edited June 2019
    Before 2.5 patch update the game looks and works fine, but after the quality of graphic is very poor. It looks like low resolution issue and font is blurred. It's very uncomfortable and difficult to play.

j6z683iloo8m.jpg
    7wa46am9v64v.jpg
    pjrceu8wyvqn.jpg

When can we expect fix patch? We're waiting too long already. :(
  • PoPoCPoPoC Member Posts: 1
    Same probleme :-/
    Just installed the game on galaxy tab s4 and graphics are ugly and super blurry.
    considering how old is this thread and how nobody ever replied I'll probably ask for a refund.
  • hunrainhunrain Member Posts: 2
    Its a joke... This topic was almost 1 years old, and problem is still here... Before 2.5, the game was fine with great enhanced graphic. Since 2.5 the game was ugly on Tab S4.... And noone helps from beamdog... Im waiting and waiting but not help. Tried to change attributes in baldurs.lua file, wont helps... The game was ugly and low resolution.
    Im still waiting but i think i want my money back if noone helps,and i will send this topic and my our reclamations to google.....
    Few months ago I bought new Galaxy TAB S6 and you know what? The game still looks poor and bad... Almost 2 years we're waiting for patch, but it seams beamdog doesn't care anymore about Android users. They even didn't respond. :(
  • hunrainhunrain Member Posts: 2
    BeF1990 wrote: »
    Few months ago I bought new Galaxy TAB S6 and you know what? The game still looks poor and bad... Almost 2 years we're waiting for patch, but it seams beamdog doesn't care anymore about Android users. They even didn't respond. :(

I send my reclamation to google with this topic and want a refund. Just do the same. This was a fckin joke... They ruined the game and dont fix it?....
  • MilesTegMilesTeg Member Posts: 12
    edited May 2020
    wow, THAT was a painful search...

Reproducable solution tested on Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e (Android 9) & Smartphone Galaxy S7 (Android 8), IWD:EE BG1:EE 2.5.17 (edit: & BG2:EE 2.5.16.6) :
    • (Add, update &) start Samsung Game Launcher
    • enter game launcher menu ( ||| upper left corner)
    • "Performance"
    • enable "individual game settings" [x]
    • Tap on "Focus on perf. (recommended)" for IDEE/BG1EE
    • == ENABLE == "Low resolution" [x]
    • "Apply"
    • restart and enjoy :s:D

Seems this game setting got inverted somehow :D

edit: also works for BG2
    Post edited by MilesTeg on
    Rik_KirtaniyaGusindaJuliusBorisov
  • billy_pilgrimbilly_pilgrim Member Posts: 132
    Have this problem on my android phone (Mi 9T) are there any similar options for these devices that are not samsung phones? It runs on Android 10 I believe.. I didn't have this problem on my other older phone which had a similar screen size...
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Check out our latest beta on Android, it might have a solution to blurry screens on some devices. https://forums.beamdog.com/categories/the-road-to-2-6