Skip to content

How much hindered is a Fighter in PS:T?

First of all , i've completed the game few times few years ago but always the same way with a cliche High Int / Wis / Cha Mage and i know how much dialogue doors these stats can open.

My plan now is to do a Fighter walkthrough with a 18 Str , 18 Dex and 12 Con as starting stats knowing that Str gives intimidation options and so on (as well that i should wait for level 7 for the 19 Str and not putting point before).
So how much content am i going to miss without the cliche of Int and Wis combo and has anyone done that before?
My idea is to play a Fighter and i don't wanna gimp my stats and the future points in it , so please cut the answers like ''This Game is about reading'' or ''You can put some stats in ''X''.

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Hi Vithar,check this thread

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/64381/dialogs-stats-checks-analysis

It's a thorough analysis of each type of stat check in the game so you can definitely make up your mind .
    JLeeVitharJuliusBorisov
  • VitharVithar Member Posts: 70
    DJKajuru wrote: »
    Hi Vithar,check this thread

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/64381/dialogs-stats-checks-analysis

It's a thorough analysis of each type of stat check in the game so you can definitely make up your mind .

Amazing stuff , i will check it and chose proper.
    JuliusBorisov
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    edited April 2019
    You will miss about 2-3 percent of the game's content but about 20 percent of the game's reading if you play as a low to mid wisdom fighter.
    Post edited by jsaving on
    Vithar
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i tend to play a fighter with high wisdom. you just miss some dialogue with dakkon if you don't play as a wizard.
    Vithar
  • karl_maulderkarl_maulder Member Posts: 133
    edited April 2019
    I've once tried a Fighter (18/00 str, 16 con) playthrough and found it quite refreshing. Sure, you wont get to do ALL quests, or upgrade your companions, and certainly will be missing out on some lore. But on the other hand you get to play your class with all it's strengths (grandmastery and a str of 25) and weaknesses (text above), instead of picking your stats based on what in-game rewards you want.
    VitharDJKajuru