Skip to content

Mods that add clubs

doorstuckdoorstuck Member Posts: 1
So I want to play through the entire BG trilogy as a Priest of Lathander / Thief and I'd like to use a club as my weapon. I realize that a quarterstaff would be a better option due to the backstab damage but I want to use a club and shield due to RP reasons.

The problem is that while there are decent enough options in BG and SoD, the clubs that are available in BGII are not very good to say the least, so I'm hoping that someone is able to recommend any kind of mod that adds a club that is appropriate for a Rogue type character to use and that is mechanically useful as well.

Comments

• dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Blackblood +3 (+3 acid damage) is available fairly on in the standard game.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    edited May 2019
    I believe it was the White Queen mod, but one of the clubs Lava added was quite nice. It adds fire damage for dealing with trolls. There is also Gnasher in the druid grove, and as others have mentioned, Blackblood in Trademeet. Lastly, if you "cheat" and gain access to the druid stronghold quest, "The Root of the Problem" is an excellent club against "unnatural" enemies (which appear to be any non-humanoid enemies)
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    Rogue Rebalancing has great update options for Stonesmasher and The Weary Cudgel
  • https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/33701/barbed-club-of-pain-russian-translation-update-v1-6/p1

I have made a club for bgee. And its not a big deal to make it available in BG2ee .
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,355
    edited November 2019
    Weimars old item upgrade does wonders for clubs:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/67632/item-upgrade-v43-now-available
    Post edited by StummvonBordwehr on
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,025
    Have you tried the Rogue Rebalancing mod? It adds a few decent clubs in both BG1 and BG2. Two are +1/+2 and up-gradable to +3 in SoA, while 1 is up-gradable to +4 in ToB. The mod also adds a number of thief specific items, including bucklers and shields that your C/T may enjoy.

These days I usually only install the items from the mod and skip the rest, so you pick and choose components that appeal to you.