Skip to content

BG:EE - Northern Tales of the Sword Coast (NTotSC) = How do I install it?

Lazlo_ArcadiaLazlo_Arcadia Member Posts: 73
I'm looking but I cant find the WeiDU .exe in the zip file anywhere. Is there another method for installing this file?

Comments

• Lazlo_ArcadiaLazlo_Arcadia Member Posts: 73
    edited May 2019
    So I've double checked the mod, and looked around via the forums. I found an old read me (http://readme.spellholdstudios.net/ReadMe-NTotSC.txt) which suggests the install is a fairly simply WeiDU install where you simply double click on the .exe file and off it goes. I can not find such a .exe file however.

Worse the ReadMe.MD file I can't seem to open regardless of what I try. Notepad, Notepad ++, and MS Word do not even recognize the file.
  • BrokenkatanaBrokenkatana Member Posts: 47
    The read me is in the doc folder after you unzip the file.
    Thank you!! There are many files and folders and I was looking everywhere trying to find this thing!
    edited May 2019
    Ok, here is what I found:

INSTALLATION
    ++++++++++++

It is in Weidu format. To install, unzip the zip file to your game folder and double-click on Setup-NTotSC.exe.

Which sounds great...except I can't find the exe it is referring to. Now I'm admittedly new to modding BG:EE (or any other Infinity Engine games) however I would not have thought it would be this difficult. I'm looking all over the place and simply can not find the executable.
    Ok, update. I found that if I simply double click on the zip folder it opened up differently and gave me the more typical folder + the setup.exe which I was able to install normally.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    @Lazlo_Arcadia Did you download from the GitHub repo? It seems the GitHub release does not have packages with exe included. (I'm surprised by this myself, I thought I included all OS packages there, too). You could redownload from the official download at SHS, there is the exe included.
    Alternatively, just take any setup-xxx.exe from another mod, make a copy, rename it to setup-ntotsc.exe and it will do the trick.
    Thank you for the follow up, but I actually found it. I discovered if I used 7 zip to open the archive the file structure it displayed was very different that if I simply double clicked on the zipped file. I've never heard of this displaying a zipped file structure differently, but for whatever reason it did.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    @Lazlo_Arcadia You post above mine wasn't there when I replied.
    But I use 7-zip and it opens and extracts the mod folder + exe just fine.
    @jastey It is all good. I appreciate your help, and thankfully finally got it all to work.