Skip to content

Dragon's disciple subclass crashing game?

Ser_ImrySer_Imry Member Posts: 1
Since the latest update (I know it's been long time) my load saves seems to crashing the game constantly and I am unable to finish my game (after 50+ hours spend on that run, I know, I am slow one) After trying to create new character, after picking Dragon's disciple subclass, game immidietely crashed. Trying create new character as Sorcerer, game was alright with it and even let me play. I tried my old laptop with original playthrough, I was able to play my save, then, after connecting to internet and updating latest version (2.5, currently) same crash appeared.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Hello! I'm loading your save normally and nothing is crashing the game. So the save and the Dragon Disciple are completely fine.

9jy5rf63hzlw.png

I think you have to try the following:

1. Fully uninstall the game and reinstall it. Make sure nothing is left from your previous install, except for the save files. Delete the baldur.ini and baldur.lua files and let the game create a new baldur.lua file when you launch it.

2. Update your video drivers.

3. Install DirectX 9.0c, and choose the Alternate renderer in Graphics Options.

https://beamdog.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/206729933-Windows-My-Game-Won-t-Launch-Or-Is-Crashing-On-Launch