This episode features an interview with Brent Knowles where he gives insights on a range of game design issues and talks about Axis & Allies Online, Baldur's Gate games, Neverwinter Nights, and more, including:
* Why CRPGs should let you control a 6-person party!
* The benefits of small vs. large development teams
* Why CRPGs should be about balance, with no one element (combat, story, characters, etc.) standing out.
* Why AD&D 2nd edition was tough to implement and the advantages of 5e
* Why you might want to reconsider having a voice actor for your player character
* Why Neverwinter Nights Toolset is still better than Unity or other tools for prototyping a modern CRPG
* Are we just getting too old to appreciate modern triple-A CRPGs?