Skip to content

Changing Beamdog Clients install loctaion

DenssorDenssor Member Posts: 2
I just got a new computer and I am trying to the cleint, but for whatever reason, the client installs into C:\Users\...\AppData\Local. My old computer has it installed in C:\Program Files (x86). I'm never given an option to change the location of the install. Is there a way to get it to install to C:\Program Files or C:\Program files (x86)? I'd like to keep it with the rest of my games so it's easy to find.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Hello!

There's a very good reason not to put any games into that Program Files folder(s), on Windows Vista and up. UAC, and how it interferes with reads and writes (saves, loads both from menu and data in game). C:\Games is the old-school recommendation.

That said, I think you just missed a library option.
    Look for the gear in the bottom right. Click it choose Settings. There should be install locations there. Click Add folder, and add in a new path for the game.Then uninstall and reinstall the game. The box that pops up, that requires you to click Okay to even install your game, 'should' have the "Install Under" dropdown list. If you already have our games, their folder(s) will be listed. And below it Add Folder with option to create one where they want--any drive--and then install the game into it.
  • DenssorDenssor Member Posts: 2
    It's the client that I cannot choose a location. I can change the location of where the games install, but the client itself always installs in AppData/Local.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    I see. Thanks. This indeed seems to be the case. We've logged it as a feature request.