Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available
in the Beamdog store.
I've been playing BG1/2 on and off for years now but have always role-played rather than power-gamed. When I saw the announcement for BG3, I decided to do another play-through (starting from BG:EE) and got a fantastic roll of 99 on an Elf Wild Mage. Being my highest ever role, I decided I would try and power-game this time on a high difficulty but I soon realised that I was quite clueless on a few points - specifically:
- Starting stat distribution: after maxing INT (18) and DEX (19), 15 in Con (+1 from tome), what stats are most important? I assume wisdom of about 16 (with tomes taking it to 18) for Wish in BG2? Is there any merit in maxing strength?
- Proficiency: I usually just take a pip in darts for mages - is this optimal given that I could max my strength?
- Starting spells: thinking Magic Missile but very open to all suggestions.
- Playing as chaotic good, what would you consider to be an optimal party composition? Coran and Imoen seem to be good choices? I would also consider an evil play-through if there is a better composition.
- Items: as this is my first time playing a Wild Mage, what items should I be trying to obtain in particular?
- Spells: level 1 aside, what spells in particular should I be looking to pick up?
Any other tips or advice to min/max my run would be very welcome.