Skip to content

NWN:EE controls on Android

ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
Does anybody know if there is an option or gesture on the Android version similar to hovering over the symbol with the mouse on PC, to see what the control does?
I haven't played NWN before, and it's very difficult for me to understand and remember every symbol for every special ability, special attack or command without seeing the written description. I can't memorize them all at once.

If there's no option to see the written description, that would be a reason for me to get the PC version.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    I've asked our QA to look into this.

The closest answer we can come up with is that highlighting options with the radial menu will generally bring up their name.

For items description, you can touch and hold for a second to open the radial menu on an item on the quick bar for example, and chose to examine.

You'll be able to find our easily what radial button means in the next build of NWN:EE for Android (release date - TBD), which we're currently testing. In the beta, the names of them are always shown.
    SECRET STUFF!
    Screenshot_2019-06-13-13-05-32-512_com.beamdog.nwnandroid.png?width=1312&height=630

If you "click" and slide the finger (as if you did it with the mouse) to the radial option, you can see the description. You will see the "white line" following the finger. It takes a bit of getting used to it (so your hand doesn't hide the description).
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    @JuliusBorisov , thank you. It's a bit awkward to use, but it works.
    What's shown in the screenshot looks much more practical.
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    I've given up on the Android version for now (especially handling the camera turning on touchscreen annoyed me) and got the PC version. It's amazing!

The only thing that's really much better in the Android version is the font size in relation to the screen size.