Skip to content

Baeloth trick?

I read the other forum; gotta be lvl 6, and never been to Larswood?

Comments

• Toot83Toot83 Member Posts: 20
    I've had no problem with him appearing even if I've scouted the area at lower level an then return at lvl 6.

Sometimes I have to wait over a minute in the general area, walking back an forth, for him to appear, though.
  • Very_BigSwordVery_BigSword Member Posts: 222
    Might have been a bug, but he spawned for me (unexpectedly) with a group between XP 12k and 16k. Highest level in group was Imoen at Thief Lvl 5. Not sure how to explain that and mods may have somehow caused it. But I thought the threshold was charname at 20k or greater XP...

Its true though that sometimes he hasn't spawned when he should and I have to go elsewhere on map and come back, or at worst traveled to next map and returned to Larswood.
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    He's supposed to show up at 10k xp, according to: https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Baeloth_Barrityl
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,317
    typo_tilly wrote: »
    Are you required to start a Black Pits game before he appears in BG1?

No.
  • Chronos371Chronos371 Member Posts: 16
    ... But I thought the threshold was charname at 20k or greater XP...

Its true though that sometimes he hasn't spawned when he should and I have to go elsewhere on map and come back, or at worst traveled to next map and returned to Larswood.

OK, 10-20k xp and you can leave Larswood. Would it break the game if you use Baeloth to defeat "The Black Pits"?

• Chronos371Chronos371 Member Posts: 16
    Oh ya just for clarity's sake; playing on Steam.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    edited June 2019
    Chronos371 wrote: »
    Would it break the game if you use Baeloth to defeat "The Black Pits"?
    Baeloth, like all companions you meet, cannot be exported. As such, you can't use him as a character in the Black Pits. You could change that flag in EEKeeper and export/import him, but I doubt the game would recognize anything special.