Skip to content

Druidic sorcerer kit

ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
I was checking this kit:

http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/132-druidic-sorcerer-kit/

What's your idea on it being....

1) Balanced?
2) weird?
3) compatible with other mods ? Because it also touches level 9 spells!

Comments

• southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    edited June 2019
    never played that mod but I do use this Geomantic Sorceror. Doesn't feel overpowered with the xp penalty. I also haven't noticed any compatibility issues.
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    Do either kit (Geomantic Sorcerer or Druidic Sorcerer) work on a v2.5 EE game?
    Geomantic does. Was updated a few months ago
    edited June 2019
    @southfla79 why does the Geomantic download say Druidsor? Is it really the Geomantic?

EDIT: Also, does it work on BGEE and BG2EE?
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    edited June 2019
    there are 4 people that I would love to summon because their expertise with kit, general concept and overpoweredness is unmatched.

@subtledoctor @semiticgod @argent77 @Grammarsalad

Apologize, but the curiosity is too strong.
    Necromanx2 wrote: »
    @southfla79 why does the Geomantic download say Druidsor? Is it really the Geomantic?

EDIT: Also, does it work on BGEE and BG2EE?

Per the readme, yes.

Other question, just a difference in file names? I don't know. If you compare the two readmes, they are very, very similar.
    @Raduziel would you recommend installing the Geomantic before or after DoF as this adds new spells and HLAs?
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @Raduziel would you recommend installing the Geomantic before or after DoF as this adds new spells and HLAs?

Absolutely no idea.

Not even sure if they will work along together; probably DoF would enforce over this kit the druid's default sphere selection (and their spells).

I need to check this mod's files to see how it works but won't be able to do it for the next days.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    DoF stands for?
    Thanks @Raduziel!
    The Geomantic uses the sorcerer as the base, so I think spell selection is ok (your druid spheres should not come into play for what the Geomantic will get). I am more concerned how the sphere system will deal with new spells if I install this before or after DoF for the DoF kits.
    Thanks @Raduziel!
    The Geomantic uses the sorcerer as the base, so I think spell selection is ok (your druid spheres should not come into play for what the Geomantic will get). I am more concerned how the sphere system will deal with new spells if I install this before or after DoF for the DoF kits.

The spells' system in DoF is a closed package. Unless I input new spells, none of them will be given to any kit (or class that used the default spheres); I'm not sure if the above is true for spells given through CLAB during CharGen.

If this class is a divine Sorcerer, however, DoF probably will have zero impact as it just affects divine spells (and those for this kit would technically be arcane ones).

TL;DR: I need to install and test.
    The kit creates it's own clones of the druid spells and adds them to the sorcerer's spellbook. I've both DOF and this kit installed with no issues.

If you look at the tp2 file, he's copying the existing spell and renaming it. the newly renamed spell is assigned to the kit. So, if you want DOFs version of the spells, install this after DOF. if you want the original spells, install it before.
    southfla79 wrote: »
    The kit creates it's own clones of the druid spells and adds them to the sorcerer's spellbook. I've both DOF and this kit installed with no issues.

If you look at the tp2 file, he's copying the existing spell and renaming it. the newly renamed spell is assigned to the kit. So, if you want DOFs version of the spells, install this after DOF. if you want the original spells, install it before.

Thanks for the insightful feedback, @southfla79